forum

Layered Hit Sounds checkbox for certain maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zekira
EDIT: You obvioulsy saw that I editted the title.

OK so I played Saitama2000 on the standard skin right now and I noticed that every note has the Normal hitsound always having it, but when I play on Taiko skin and there's a whistle and/or finish, the normal hitsound doesn't play. I was trying to look for what the major difference was, when I saw this certain line on the skin.ini file of the Taiko skin --

LayeredHitSounds: 0

So I began to ask if it was possible to implement a custom LayeredHitSounds=0 property on maps (since I want to tweak the sounds but don't want to mess up the entire skin so I'm not using the force skin option) , but then I found it impossible. So I'm suggesting that the properties in the skin.ini file could be customizable per map?
LuigiHann
That (using skin.ini for per-map skins) has been suggested many times before, but peppy has indicated that it'd be more trouble than it's worth...

Implementing a LayeredHitSounds checkbox into the Audio section of song setup/timing setup would probably be easier.
Topic Starter
Zekira

LuigiHann wrote:

That (using skin.ini for per-map skins) has been suggested many times before, but peppy has indicated that it'd be more trouble than it's worth...

Implementing a LayeredHitSounds checkbox into the Audio section of song setup/timing setup would probably be easier.

Yes, at least just the LayeredHitSounds checkbox thing -- that's all I need lol
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
Or if we were just allowed to disable the defaulthit so long as some other hitsound is on the affected note...
Topic Starter
Zekira
Bumping for a while because of rename.
Echo
Kinda a hack, but you can use a blank .wav for hitnormal, then substitute one of the remaining three hitsounds with the "real" hitnormal file.
mm201

Echo wrote:

Kinda a hack, but you can use a blank .wav for hitnormal, then substitute one of the remaining three hitsounds with the "real" hitnormal file.
...and lose one hitsound in the process. Unacceptable! :P

And silent wavs don't meet peppy's ideals of efficiency.

If this is implemented, please make it per timing section! This would allow us to fit four cheers on one override instead of just three.
Topic Starter
Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.