forum

How to improve hand speed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hoshimegu Mio
It's just not going anywhere. No matter how hard I try, my left hand just refuse to press any faster. My right hand is also suffering somehow and its speed is decaying. My hand speed is so slow that I'm capped at around 130BPM jacks and no further. I can't DT anything really now for that reason. I know I should be able to do maps at those speeds because I once have done so, and I'm nowhere near boomer age.

What should I do?
mystV
start off slow and have fun atleast. its gonna be a long process but your hand speed is gonna improve drastically
bananahira

YyottaCat wrote:

It's just not going anywhere. No matter how hard I try, my left hand just refuse to press any faster. My right hand is also suffering somehow and its speed is decaying. My hand speed is so slow that I'm capped at around 130BPM jacks and no further. I can't DT anything really now for that reason. I know I should be able to do maps at those speeds because I once have done so, and I'm nowhere near boomer age.

What should I do?
i improved my left hand speed doing alternate trills while listening to music of camellia and stratovarious over hard surfaces, you can train that literally anywhere, and to apply that correctly to mania, adjust your reading speed at the most comfortable set you can, not faster or slower. (mine is 28, i had problems with my speed when i was used to play with the speed on 31), also, pls very plz, don't play stuff you can´t read, and listen the keyboard when you are playing, it helps a lot to improve your tempo which also helps to improve acc

also, you can improve your tapping speed playing charts made by Nikosek, or playing the sharpnel streams pack on etterna.

before all of that, don't forget to play on a 50/50 warm environment, because cold temperatures tend to tense the muscles on your hands, plus, playing floating hands (if you can try) improves that speed too, since you kinda "fake" the trills moving your wrists instead of alternating your fingers.

you can also check this video from Etienne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz-b7qo9nyo
pofnkul
Make sure your tapping technique is still capable of playing hard stuff
Take a break and come back to have fun and slowly regain speed
If you want to cheese this you can try to do the same thing above except with playfield adjustment but don't recommend it.