forum

Converts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bobthaboy
Speaking as someone who claims to be good at Taiko, converts in Taiko are yucky!
Speaking as someone who doesn't claim to be good at Mania, converts in Mania are yucky!
Converts in CTB actually look ok though, but I also haven't really put much effort into CTB tbh most of my scores aren't even actual maps
I'm curious on the way difficulties are mapped as well as your guyses opinions on converts

Edit: found info on difficulties community/forums/topics/151744?n=1
Just lemme know what converts are like
Nene Sakura
I'd like to say catch converts are the best among 3 modes
Zephirine
Catch converts are the only reason I still play apart from cups and I'm not so sure about the former anymore either thanks to the steep decline in the quality of converts over the past couple of years. Old converts used to be the basis for old catch specific maps (very obvious in maps like stamp on the ground or yoiyami hanabi for example where you can compare the converts with the ctb difficulty and there are clear similarities) but ctb specific mapping evolved around 2016-2017 or so and this is no longer the case. Also, converts have started becoming less relevant even in tournaments with the introduction of custom maps and players are generally divided on whether that's a good or a bad thing. Personally, tournaments make me sleep regardless so it's not much of a difference. Overall, as mentioned by Nene above, converts are 100% the best in ctb compared to other modes, hence its (albeit declining) usage even in official tournaments such as CWC 2022.
Melodies
Converts? Never heard of it.
RAISE MY SWORD
Converts in catch are so based that you can even become a convert main and have your own unique learning curve. Not to mention that you’ll get to have an ocean amount of song choices to play, so it’s win win situation here
Rigbyuis
Topic Starter
bobthaboy

Rigbyuis wrote:

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT TAIKO CONVERTS!?!?!?!?!?!
Trash! Absolute garbage! Disgusting! Gross! Just look at the OD for goodness sake, look at the patterns! Look at the drum rolls.
I will Taiko multi you over this opinion and win.
E-man
I'd say catch! converts are the best out of the other gamemodes by far. I still don't play them much though, and I haven't played them for PP in a while.
ExoticEmerald
You can litterally become convert main on Catch. You can get into top 500 with just converts.
Edgar_Figaro
Best to worst

CTB Converts>Mania Converts>Taiko Converts

Main reason Taiko converts are the worst is due to how so many maps become completely unreadable due to overlapping notes with weird SV.