Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rigbyuis
DeletedUser_13957006
this is not how it works
Topic Starter
Rigbyuis
Endaris
You don't post it anywhere, initiating the modding process and finding people to rank their map is the mapper's obligation.
Also, only the mapper can make changes to the map so without them, the modding process can't work.
Topic Starter
Rigbyuis
Zelzatter Zero

Rigbyuis wrote:

i'm sorry, i don't know about beatmap ranking proccess, afik it's that someone uploads a map, they somehow make it known and then, starts the modding proccess and if nothing fails, it's aproved and then ranked.
Map reputation plays zero to no role in having your map ranked. You can have a set with 1000+ favs, 1M+ plays still not getting anywhere to have it ranked while you can also have something as obscure as only a few playcount and zero favs getting ranked easily with no problem at all.
[[[[[[
Loved exist
TheKingHenry

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Rigbyuis wrote:

i'm sorry, i don't know about beatmap ranking proccess, afik it's that someone uploads a map, they somehow make it known and then, starts the modding proccess and if nothing fails, it's aproved and then ranked.
Map reputation plays zero to no role in having your map ranked. You can have a set with 1000+ favs, 1M+ plays still not getting anywhere to have it ranked while you can also have something as obscure as only a few playcount and zero favs getting ranked easily with no problem at all.
wouldn't say "zero to no role" tbh; there isn't perhaps the same level of effect as being known mapper would have, but there absolutely can be an effect

you know the typical example, 2 maps, roughly same quality (both good enough for ranking), similar songs. One is known, one is not. Basically idea is that two maps are "identical" other than how famous they are. At that point, it's probably more likely for the known map to be pushed since, well, they know it's all the things I mentioned, including the level of quality. With the existing knowledge of the map, it gives an impression of being "more surefire rank", and all that jazz

well, you get the idea. While it typically doesn't matter much, and the examples you gave are very realistic possibilities as well, it absolutely can still have an effect