forum

Why does my preview not play on the website?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cmdz
On the website, the preview doesn't play and I'm wondering why. Did I mess up on the preview points or something? beatmapsets/1760203#osu/3602684
MysticForce07
How long ago did you update the preview point
THAT_otaku
Your map was likely encoded as AAC and renamed as mp3 like most yt2mp3 websites do these days, i'd source your mp3 file from somewhere else (this is the most common cause of this issue, havent checked your mp3 but im 90% sure)
Sophie Twilight

THAT_otaku wrote:

Your map was likely encoded as AAC and renamed as mp3 like most yt2mp3 websites do these days, i'd source your mp3 file from somewhere else (this is the most common cause of this issue, havent checked your mp3 but im 90% sure)
yt2mp3 does this too?
Blushing
Unless you changed it from the AAC or something into the mp3, it is showing as an MP3. It can take up to a day for the preview point to actually update on website from the editor.

Also, I think the mp3 may be broken or corrupt because when I downloaded it to check to see if it is in the wrong format no sound was playing at ALL.

Make sure that the MP3 doesnt use any special characters or if that doesnt work you might want to try replacing the audio file entirely. (making sure that it is still in the .mp3 format).
Topic Starter
cmdz

Blushing wrote:

Unless you changed it from the AAC or something into the mp3, it is showing as an MP3. It can take up to a day for the preview point to actually update on website from the editor.

Also, I think the mp3 may be broken or corrupt because when I downloaded it to check to see if it is in the wrong format no sound was playing at ALL.

Make sure that the MP3 doesnt use any special characters or if that doesnt work you might want to try replacing the audio file entirely. (making sure that it is still in the .mp3 format).
Thank You ill try doing that