forum

I can't hit the middle keys in 5k/7k. How can I ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[TCD] Dzar03
I'm a 4K player and I'm making effort of playing with more keys, but now I have a trouble hitting middle key in odd keys maps.

I use my thumb (left) to hit the middle key in 5k/7k which I bind it as Space button, hitting notes in middle column is definitely the hardest part at the beginning for me, I always hit the wrong key, especially on stairs patterns but my real problem is about my thumb, it gets hurt after playing Osu for 30m-1h. It affects me a lots

I tried different keys bind like 4 - 3 keys in a row but It's harder than I thought and my accuracy got worse.

I really need some tips on hitting middle keys, please tell me if there's a way for me to improve it.

Thanks for your help.
WitherMite
takes a while to get used to, just keep playing with your thumb, eventually it'll hurt less as your thumb gets stronger (never overdo it though, when it starts to hurt, stop playing) and you'll get the finger independence and reading ability to play those uncomfortable patterns. it takes time
Wandie
zzz play more and git gud

Jokes aside, I think you should prioritise reading the pattern more and not care for your accuracy for now. You can always acc later on. Train your consistency in reading patterns more so you won't misread and hit the wrong note again. I recommend this amazing 7k pack for people who just getting started to play like you.
Hoshimegu Mio
Play really easy maps so you can actually read stuff before you go on to the higher difficulties. It takes a lot of time, like, a lot. Personally it took me 6 whole months to finally be able to read maps properly. After that it's time to basically take off.