forum

[Archived] Mouse jumping/teleporting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Only Astolfo
So iv'e been having troubles with my mouse recently, and it's the random teleporting that its been doing lately. I noticed that the higher the sensitivety the more it jumps. Which is really frustrating. If anyone knows how to fix this please help TT.TT

osu! version: 20130926 (latest)
FrzR
What type of mouse are you using? Wireless or wired? Optical or Laser? Also, no one would use trackball with osu!. xD
Rorona
I think they're using a tablet, as that's what happens when I use my tablet and I set osu! to a sensitivity higher than 1.0x.

If you're playing with just your tablet, set the mouse sensitivity to 0.5 and it will become playable, just you have to not use your mouse to click on songs, but instead tap.
Rio-

DearlyBeloved wrote:

I noticed that the higher the sensitivety the more it jumps.
Did You disable the "Mouse-Acceleration" Features in Your OS? and also, I think 1.0x/default is the Best Settings (for Me)

Fr33z3R wrote:

What type of mouse are you using? Wireless or wired? Optical or Laser? Also, no one would use trackball with osu!. xD
Actually, I met someone who's REALLY Using Track-Ball about one month ago (Forgot who's the Name)
Topic Starter
Only Astolfo

Fr33z3R wrote:

awww sorry!!! HID-Compliant mouse "laser" -____- sorry for late reply i had other problems too...
Topic Starter
Only Astolfo
Oh and this also always happens when spinners come on the jumping is like 400x more X.X
FrzR

satriobp wrote:

Actually, I met someone who's REALLY Using Track-Ball about one month ago (Forgot who's the Name)
lol. That's cool. Classic but not as reliable though. hahaha xD

DearlyBeloved wrote:

Oh and this also always happens when spinners come on the jumping is like 400x more X.X
What about your system performance? is the game choppy/laggy for you? If not, why not use a frame limiter. I recommend 60fps vsyc on windowed, 120fps on fullscreen. I noticed that on my system, 60fps vsync fullscreen reduces tearing but the problem is that the mouse responds slower than 120fps.
Oinari-sama
Try playing on a smooth plained coloured mouse pad. My Logitech laser mouse sometimes jumps when I use a pad with sharp patterns on it.
FrzR

Oinari-sama wrote:

Try playing on a smooth plained coloured mouse pad. My Logitech laser mouse sometimes jumps when I use a pad with sharp patterns on it.
Yeah. And also try not having dust or dirt on your pad. I Had experiences with it. Now i'm using the back page of a book and i'm fine with it. xD
Rio-

Fr33z3R wrote:

Yeah. And also try not having dust or dirt on your pad. I Had experiences with it. Now i'm using the back page of a book and i'm fine with it. xD
It happens to Me too, I have some dust stick in My MousePad Permanentally. So I can move My Cursor pretty well ._. (well, better to buy a better mousepad now)
NixXSkate
What is the specific brand of mouse? Some shitty laser mice such as the Razer Imperator have a really shitty z-tracking sensor, so if you lift the mouse just a tiny bit, the cursor would jump down. I used to have this problem when spinning with that mouse.

Try lifting the top of the mouse and gently tapping the mousepad/table with it. Is the cursor moving in a certain direction or staying in the same general area?