forum

[invalid] osu! dance

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
just as the title says, why not create a mode which involves real-time dancing? the thing should go like this: you should see a colored shadow on screen, doing a specific pose. when the time approaches, you do that pose. that should be the Hit Circle. when a shadow has some kind of tail, that means you should go along with it and with accuracy. that's the Slider. now for the Spinner, i think you should hold a pose or move your hips like you have a Hula Hoop. all this motion may require a webcam or an EyeToy, along with PSMove controls. instead of asking for dancers, why not being a dancer?
VoidnOwO
:)
FrzR
er... Sorry. NO.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat

BRBP wrote:

peppy is already working on a osu!fps event, I don't think he has time for osu!dance. Basically, people who made a thread asking for a new game mode will be given 10 seconds to run away, and after that everyone else will try to shoot them. It is widely assumed that head is worth 300 points, back is 100, and hands are 50. Legs count as a miss on community's request. Even though the event is hosted once a week, often there's as much as 100 targets, mostly consisting of people who haven't learned to use the forum search feature.

Never forget how important you are. You're what keeps this game alive.
that's the most disgusting way to tell someone that his/her idea sucks, when actually has been proofed that it doesn't. actually it's a fact, this idea doesn't suck
Espionage724
I see this as an interesting idea, but don't see it being... worth the effort (lack of kinder wording).

I don't know the specifics about it, but I would figure such a thing requiring a Kinect (or alternative like ASUS Xtion); some kind camera that specializes in motion tracking technology (can't say for sure if a PS EyeToy classifies as such?). Regardless, I wouldn't expect most osu! players to have such hardware. If such a thing is easily possible with a webcam though, that would make it more accessible.

I don't see myself playing such a gamemode too often (but who knows), but maybe others might be into it.
Oinari-sama
This is a lot of effort due to hardware requirements and peppy's already quite busy. However you can try contacting the OP of this thread and see if he can think of an easy way to bring the idea to peppy.
TheVileOne
This is silly. There is no competitive objective. This isn't even a game and console development costs a lot more money than staying on PC. This is better suited for a stand alone game.
Sea_Food

battler077 wrote:

instead of asking for dancers, why not being a dancer?
Who is asking for dancers?
Nathanael
This request needs everyone to have a motion sensing device and I think only few people from the total users of osu! has it.
( I've seen this kind of game on an arcade but I forgot the name )

Too bad its truly expensive as TheVileOne said so I would say no for this. :(
If this was just easy to make, I would suggest that Pippi will be the one instructing your moves. <3
Minlix_old
Go buy those "Just Dance" games. It'll be worth your time if you're into that stuff.
KoveGames

BRBP wrote:

peppy is already working on a osu!fps event
What is that?
Dexus

KoveGames wrote:

BRBP wrote:

peppy is already working on a osu!fps event
What is that?
He wasn't being serious if you actually read his post.
Compa
MarioBound
Kinect> Wii> EyeToy
theleoleole

battler077 wrote:

just as the title says, why not create a mode which involves real-time dancing? the thing should go like this: you should see a colored shadow on screen, doing a specific pose. when the time approaches, you do that pose. that should be the Hit Circle. when a shadow has some kind of tail, that means you should go along with it and with accuracy. that's the Slider. now for the Spinner, i think you should hold a pose or move your hips like you have a Hula Hoop. all this motion may require a webcam or an EyeToy, along with PSMove controls. instead of asking for dancers, why not being a dancer?

I think osu!dance is a bit *sorry* stupid, tbh. And the game WILL HAVE A VERY VERY COMPLICATED algorithm. Think. What will people with no money that just want to play osu! do? They must bought a webcam or eyetoy or whatever? osu! is a free-to-play game. That means the players can play osu! without making a single money come out of his/her wallet. We must pose? Better download the " Just Dance " or " Pump it Up " game. #nooffense. i think the 4 mode of osu! ( osu!normal , taiko , CTB and osu!mania ) is already enough to make us have fun.

But all of the writings above are just my opinion,though. Who knows?
But i think this won't work and won't happen.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
yeah you are right. i'm surprised that this thread hasnt been cataloged as invalid yet
Marcin
Well, if you are fine with it being invalid, i can mark it so.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
Go. and by go i mean do it
Chokladboll
we need a game mode of the holocaust