forum

Preview point not updating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MysticForce07
I'm not sure why the preview point of my map isn't updating, its been more than 24 hours now since I added a preview point and it hasn't updated while everything else is fine... map is beatmapsets/1753027#mania/3617956
WitherMite
first, it can sometimes take longer than 24 hours to update.
second, could just be a website glitch like this guy had since I checked the audio file with spek and your audio doesnt have the encoding issues that usually cause that to happen to the preview (though it is 224kbps, which is higher than the 192kbps maximum the ranking criteria allows). unless you did reencode and it is just a matter of waiting longer.
Topic Starter
MysticForce07
How do I reencode it to a lower KBPS? I used audacity because I read that Audacity makes MP3 good for uploading
WitherMite
When you export to mp3 there are these options in the window:

different bitrate modes have different options in the dropdowns.

I don't know enough to tell you what bitrate mode to use for osu though, I haven't put much research into it since I haven't tried to rank anything yet and I just use constant so I don't have to think about it, if I even bother to compress the file to begin with (I dont really upload most of my maps). Personally I cant really hear the difference anyway. plus different songs would be compressed better with different options.

Variable or preset 170-210 would usually give best quality for file size around 192kbps but you cant predict the exact average bitrate or file size, and I don't know if 192 is a hard limit for that rule or not or if something slightly higher like 194 would be fine.

http://spek.cc/ this is helpful for checking average bitrate
Topic Starter
MysticForce07
Ok thanks, I got the nitrate down to 192 now I guess I’ll wait like a few more days for the preview point to update?