forum

A Huge Skill Problem.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dustinstupid
Allow me to elaborate. I am a player who has been playing osu for 3 years which is not too long I will be honest but I have been having this same problem for a long time. the problem is aiming in jumps. Like I have the habit of constantly over aiming or under-aiming miss the circle. A habit I can never seem to break. I just wanna break it but I just don't know what to do. I've played jump training maps, marathon maps old maps with odd patterns, nothing helps at all. I at first thought to myself "Just keep playing you'll get better" but having this since 2020 is long enough that just keep playing wasn't gonna help. I have messed with my mouse dpi for the most comfortable setting. I could really use some help I would appreciate it. I do play osu! for fun don't get me wrong we do have to "enjoy game" but it can be hard to enjoy when you aren't making no progress.
I honestly don't make osu forum discussions so allow this to be an exception.

I am honestly thinking about just giving up. Some advice is pretty much my only hope.
Marisad
Make the circles smaller
Aizuuya
Exact same problem I have as well g, and nothing ever solves it. it's just a mouse thing. We mouse players will have to work our asses off 5 times harder than tablet bros if we want to improve. Having experienced (and currently experiencing) what you're going through, I wish I had an answer, but I have tried everything under the sun to improve my aim and nothing works. We simply just have to keep grinding through, and have a positive mindset as we follow "play more". It should come with time.
Topic Starter
Dustinstupid

Yuunagi Ichika wrote:

Exact same problem I have as well g, and nothing ever solves it. it's just a mouse thing. We mouse players will have to work our asses off 5 times harder than tablet bros if we want to improve. Having experienced (and currently experiencing) what you're going through, I wish I had an answer, but I have tried everything under the sun to improve my aim and nothing works. We simply just have to keep grinding through, and have a positive mindset as we follow "play more". It should come with time.
Thanks. this actually makes me feel better. I felt like I was the only one with this.
AccountWontWork
Exact same thing with me bud, I just try to be as consistent as possible.
Topic Starter
Dustinstupid

AccountWontWork wrote:

Exact same thing with me bud, I just try to be as consistent as possible.
Yeah I got motivated to play and I was motivated cus of what @Yuunagi Ichika said
kujubuo
you only have 7 days of playtime and you havent been consistently playing. play more literally
Topic Starter
Dustinstupid

Seofmon wrote:

you only have 7 days of playtime and you havent been consistently playing. play more literally
I lacked the motivation at the time but I started playing more as stated from the reply I made
Simon12

Yuunagi Ichika wrote:

We mouse players will have to work our asses off 5 times harder than tablet bros if we want to improve.

Yuunagi Ichika wrote:

I have tried everything under the sun to improve my aim and nothing works.

Do you play with mouse or tablet?
pwerus5
Aizuuya

Simon12 wrote:

I played mouse to start, for about 150 hours. Switched to tablet for the next 350 hours, and switched back to mouse in December last year because of wrist issues. "We mouse players" should imply I play mouse, also my profile.
Simon12

Yuunagi Ichika wrote:

I played mouse to start, for about 150 hours. Switched to tablet for the next 350 hours, and switched back to mouse in December last year because of wrist issues.
Did it hurt?
Topic Starter
Dustinstupid

Yuunagi Ichika wrote:

Simon12 wrote:

I played mouse to start, for about 150 hours. Switched to tablet for the next 350 hours, and switched back to mouse in December last year because of wrist issues. "We mouse players" should imply I play mouse, also my profile.
I honestly just use a mouse grip I'm comfortable with and stick with it I just kept grinding and relied on being consistent for the least
kujubuo

Dustinstupid wrote:

Seofmon wrote:

I lacked the motivation at the time but I started playing more as stated from the reply I made
you only have 285 playcount this month
yarWe
try to get 500 hours playtime to see if you've improved or not
Aizuuya

Simon12 wrote:

Did it hurt?
Obviously, so I quit using it.
dung eater
using lower sens can give you a very high base level of stability/precision, it'll just go wonky/feels like it's impossible to change direction fast for arm sometimes.
Rikuka
remember , osu is mp3 player
[AlphaCentauri]
what's your current DPI and/or sensitivity?
x-chan
same, had to lower my sens to oblivion and i still cant aim properly (used to be on a pretty high sens). even tried changing res if that would make any difference but still inconsistent that i miss on literal nothing.

sometimes i just think my osu client is bugged or something but yeah it is realllyyy demotivating.

on the other hand (tho this is not working for me), id suggest maybe going down to playing low stars, changing skins, lowering sens (depends), and experimenting with grip styles / sitting positions.

edit: yes changing skins does have an effect on gameplay (atleast for me, especially hitsounds and circle itself)
show more