forum

[resolved] OSU infinite scrolling bug (solved)??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ga_Destroyer
Problem details:
Osu keeps infinitely scrolling.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
This isn't my video but this guy had what I have, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJmjHoekvYo

osu! version: Stable 20220424 (latest) I have the latest version.

What people have told me about is numlock which I realize, but it doesn't work, I have managed to use it and did make it stop scrolling by countering the upwards scrolling with downward scrolling but it makes it so I cant scroll through songs and when I play a song all of the audio(music, effect, audio) is immediatly set to zero. I have tried everything except windows 7 because I have so much on the pc it will be stressful to reinstall stuff. Is there anyway for me to fix this?
I have unplugged stuff, reinstalled Osu!, changed all keybinds, please help me

If you are wondering why I'm not using the old threads is because I'm hoping for new insight into the problem.
THAT_otaku
Try unplugging any extra input devices you might have plugged in such as controllers and see if that stops it
TicClick
there aren't really any new insights -- see wiki/en/Help_centre/Client#my-song-list-keeps-scrolling!.

that you are experiencing this even while playing a song makes me think it's a hardware issue and something keeps sending events that are read by osu! as wheel up/down. by any chance, do you have a usb hub plugged in, or any other similar device? what happens if you run osu! and then disconnect ALL peripherals?
Topic Starter
Ga_Destroyer

THAT_otaku wrote:

Try unplugging any extra input devices you might have plugged in such as controllers and see if that stops it

I connected a controller and it stopped, bruv thank you so much to both of you for helping me. Havent been able to play for months because of this thank you all so much.
How do I make it solved/close the thread or can mods only do that?
- Marco -
Moderators will do that, glad to hear your issue is solved :)
squisixs
i have nothing plugged in and its still happening
- Marco -
Hi, please write a new topic for your issue