forum

[duplicate] Think about Mapper Guild??

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Oyatsu
Mapper Guild:
I have some idea for this subject. We have Guild, is a mapper member group. Every months, we will have result for rank of that which guild like BAT rank now (that is rank of how manys kudosu that guild found and how many rankeds map in every months) . Provost will be management guild and will there are many members. When a which people joined a guild, that people will have appellation (guild's name in profile like BAT/ GMT but that is a link to go to that guild).
Point :
If your map ranked in 2 months, that will figure out on which months ranked.
Member wants to join a guild, need give Provost a message. Mapper Guild needs try more much to increase Level for guild. The max is Level 5 and VIP guild.
  1. The Level 0 - Level 1: Need 100 points
  2. The Level 1 - Level 2: Need 300 points
  3. The Level 2 - Level 3: Need 700 points
  4. The Level 3 - Level 4: Need 1200 points
  5. The Level 4 - Level 5: Need 2000 points
  6. Level 5 - VIP Guild: Need 100 ranked map, 10 approved map and 5000 points (When your guild was Level 5 and need continue that, not ranked map or kudosu your guild found before)
  1. 1 Kudosu = 1 point
  2. 1 ranked map = 10 points
  3. 1 Approved map = 50 points.
In 1 month, if guild doesn't have 1 points, That guild will cancel. (That is rule to mappers aren't lazy ^^)

Achievements:
We have achievements for a guild, this will appear in the Guild folder in Osu! main screen.

Conditions to create guild
A mapper had less 1 ranked map and > 100 kudosu. This helps people don't spam waste guild.

About Management System of Guild
Provost of course is management of a guild, they can put name guild like they like but need accept of all numbers. Provost will put a map of member created on the guild's page. Other number can mod help this map to help this which map ranked faster. There is many folder for a guild, include:
  1. Dedication kudosu : mappers need shoot kudosu for this mode to keep guild always live. Every month, resources will discrease 5 kudosus
  2. Beatmap Resources : Ranked/Approved map in everymonth ("name map" by "creator")

*Note: This means that ranked map or kudosu you find when this system start active. It isnot ranked map or kudosu you found before there is this system (if can in the future)

----------------------------------------------
I have some idea so. Can u think better, help me to it becomes really plz :D
deadbeat
Andrea joins a guild
that guild wins

this kinda sounds like an extension of the clans idea
Oinari-sama
I think a lot of these clans/guilds ideas can be done once peppy gets around implementing the Teams system...
Topic Starter
Oyatsu

deadbeat wrote:

Andrea joins a guild
that guild wins

this kinda sounds like an extension of the clans idea
Andrea o-o
Clans idea? Can i know that link?
PyaKura
Stefan

thelewa wrote:

anyone want to join my elite clan no scrubs allowed

deadbeat wrote:

Andrea joins a guild
that guild wins

Blaziken wrote:

Pro clans everywhere.

Pizzicato wrote:

think of the wide possibilities...
scrimmages
team battles
team rankings
TEAM LOGOOOOO
Comments which makes me reject this idea to 100%.

And the conception about Mappers making more retarded is not that way you should follow. I mean there is huge difference if a player needs to get inactive or when a Mapper has to.
Topic Starter
Oyatsu
OK< so if a which mapper doesn't like, Don't join anyguild !!
About Andrea, Why does he in a guild? he can creat a guild for himself and other members if he wants or nope in a guild
deadbeat
what do point do levels serve. can anyone join. are there member caps.
so far this just sounds like a clan with a level system, but for mappers only. unless you can someone convince me this is a completely separate request, i might as well just mark as a duplicate
Stefan

Oyatsu wrote:

The question was not 'if a Mapper would like to join' but losing imaginary points - for something useless which should not belong for a hobby of doing Arts - for getting inactive because the person has problems (personal, technical, time-specific).

Read again what I've wrote.
Topic Starter
Oyatsu

deadbeat wrote:

what do point do levels serve. can anyone join. are there member caps.
so far this just sounds like a clan with a level system, but for mappers only. unless you can someone convince me this is a completely separate request, i might as well just mark as a duplicate
OK, I will think add some other problem, I will edit after

Stefan wrote:

Oyatsu wrote:

The question was not 'if a Mapper would like to join' but losing imaginary points - for something useless which should not belong for a hobby of doing Arts - for getting inactive because the person has problems (personal, technical, time-specific).

Read again what I've wrote.
What do you mean? What is point you say here?
Stefan
Probably people like Andrea or Kawayi Rika would cause Top Leads in these 'Guild Rankings' due their strong activity in modding and mapping. So that less-known mapper getting more unknown by that way - and you can't tell me this is good. Don't put stuff in which is for a hand-full of people good.
deadbeat

Oyatsu wrote:

OK, I will think add some other problem, I will edit after
that fact that you need to think of reasoning for those questions makes me think you haven't thought this through enough.
at least answer this, do you see any valid difference between this and a normal clan?
Yuzeyun

Oyatsu wrote:

In 1 month, if guild doesn't have 1 points, That guild will cancel. (That is rule to mappers aren't lazy ^^)
hi i'm a not lazy mapper who ranks maps in a year or more

this whole line = promoting speedranking which is not always a good idea
deadbeat
i'm still just seeing this as an extension of the clans request. do we really need both?
Topic Starter
Oyatsu

_Gezo_ wrote:

Oyatsu wrote:

hi i'm a not lazy mapper who ranks maps in a year or more

this whole line = promoting speedranking which is not always a good idea
you don't worry, if you are friend with provost, you can say with them. My mean here is if you can there is a ranked map or nope, other members can do..

deadbeat wrote:

i'm still just seeing this as an extension of the clans request. do we really need both?
I hope so. Mapper Guild is still good, right? it is really interesting I think :)
"Clans" is creat a player group to play with other group, but mapper guild is only a guild to have rank and try to best to better for mapper, They ar diffirent together
deadbeat
sounds like a clan idea for mappers to me. i'll be nice and give it a few more opinions though
Marcin
But... The Team/Clan thread is not only (IMO) for players - There may be few kinds of clan / team like:
-Mapping clan
-Modding clan
-Players clan
Topic Starter
Oyatsu

Marcin wrote:

But... The Team/Clan thread is not only (IMO) for players - There may be few kinds of clan / team like:
-Mapping clan
-Modding clan
-Players clan
I'm like u
PyaKura
If the feature request happens to be implemented, nothing will prevent players from creating mappers only clans if they want to do so.
DakeDekaane
The concept of mappers guild sounds good, but mapping/modding shouldn't be a competitive thing, so leaderboards for that is a no.
Bobbias

deadbeat wrote:

sounds like a clan idea for mappers to me. i'll be nice and give it a few more opinions though
I don't like the idea of levels, or anything else that would promote mappers like Andrea even more. If a guild/clan system were to be applied to mappers it should be in order to promote new and lesser known mappers.

The more I think about this the less I like the idea. Clans create closed groups, which is something I know peppy wants to avoid. Mapping is a community effort, and guilds would promote a more restricted involvement. Instead of modding anyone's map, you would see mappers only modding people in their guild, or at least modding their guild members maps more.

And like DakeDekaane said, making mapping/modding a competitive thing is bad.

Any suggestions for something like this involving mappers should be designed to help promote new mappers, not ones who are well known in the community.
Stefan

Bobbias wrote:

I don't like the idea of levels, or anything else that would promote mappers like Andrea even more.
If you read that Andrea: I really just took you as example. D:
OnosakiHito
Clan for mappers... huh
Sounds to me like a competition to lower the modding quality due to level / rank hype.
Modding should be something for people who really want to help, not because they want a better rank/level.
Momochikun
Somehow.. i'm agree with this^ -w-
Topic Starter
Oyatsu

DakeDekaane wrote:

The concept of mappers guild sounds good, but mapping/modding shouldn't be a competitive thing, so leaderboards for that is a no.

OnosakiHito wrote:

Clan for mappers... huh
Sounds to me like a competition to lower the modding quality due to level / rank hype.
Modding should be something for people who really want to help, not because they want a better rank/level.
Try to think more positive, if you really want to help mod xxx's beatmap, it isn't a problem, you will have result 2 in 1 (rank for guild and your plan to mod which map that you really want).

If you think modding/mapping shouldn't be a competitive. So let give me cause, Why do we still have rank of BAT and mapper now? They still find kudosu and ranked/approved map. Right?

Bobbias wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

I don't like the idea of levels, or anything else that would promote mappers like Andrea even more. If a guild/clan system were to be applied to mappers it should be in order to promote new and lesser known mappers.

The more I think about this the less I like the idea. Clans create closed groups, which is something I know peppy wants to avoid. Mapping is a community effort, and guilds would promote a more restricted involvement. Instead of modding anyone's map, you would see mappers only modding people in their guild, or at least modding their guild members maps more.

And like DakeDekaane said, making mapping/modding a competitive thing is bad.

Any suggestions for something like this involving mappers should be designed to help promote new mappers, not ones who are well known in the community.
So, try a guild find add some newmapper and make them have first rank. That is a interesting :)

I'm think about BAT Guild? or BAT can't join a guild?. just think
deadbeat
ok this is just getting more and more like the clans. just wait for that to get finished then make a mapping guild/clan
Topic Starter
Oyatsu

deadbeat wrote:

ok this is just getting more and more like the clans. just wait for that to get finished then make a mapping guild/clan
it's ok. i hope