forum

[duplicate] Amount of retries in score screen

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Remco32
Can there be the amount of retries you had in the score screen?

deadbeat edit: t/147476
anonymous_old
EDIT: I misunderstood the request. I thought it was about score submission retries.

I don't think so. It should be behind the scenes, IMO. Isn't there already a "sending scores" thing on your profile button?
LuigiHann
I always wished there would be something like this in EBA, so I could feel terrible about the number of times I failed Jumpin' Jack Flash. Here, I don't feel it'd have the same effect.
Derekku
Meh, I don't see it being useful. =/

EDIT: Probably for the same reason that the "show who's played a map the most" request was denied.
vytalibus
Well, for starters it would mean ridiculing the person for having OVER 9000 retries for that particular play...

... Though I suppose it could just be eye candy.
Topic Starter
Remco32

Derekku Chan wrote:

Meh, I don't see it being useful. =/

EDIT: Probably for the same reason that the "show who's played a map the most" request was denied.
With score screen I mean the screen at the end with your rank and such
Derekku
Meaning that you could only see your own retry counts and not others'? Hmmm maybe...
Topic Starter
Remco32
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Remco32

Derekku Chan wrote:

Even though your profile already shows most played maps... (but that only shows so many) hmm..
No, no, no...
I mean the retries that you had for that moment. Not in your whole osu! career...
Derekku
Oh. Well then that wouldn't help me personally because I usually only try a few times at a time. I'm sure that some people try over and over again, but if it's just a one-time thing that you would see, then I don't see it being useful. It its what I thought it was (showing how many times overall that it took for you to get the score), then I would support it X3
Kitsunemimi
I see it enough at the beginning of each map I retry.
Ryuukun
do not want ;_;
vytalibus
Gemi
I don't see any point in this request as instead of retrying people can exit the song and start it again, effectively having no retries even if they play the song a few dozen times in a row. Basically this would just make some people use more extra time not playing if they don't want to show their retry count.

A feature that promotes worse playing habits = no thanks.
Sir Minelli

Gemi wrote:

I don't see any point in this request as instead of retrying people can exit the song and start it again, effectively having no retries even if they play the song a few dozen times in a row. Basically this would just make some people use more extra time not playing if they don't want to show their retry count.

A feature that promotes worse playing habits = no thanks.
Agree with Gemi. This does not bring anything that gamers could really need or enjoy.
It will show how many times you retried the map... and so what? Will you stop playing the map because of that? I highly doubt it. Besides, if you retried alot, and didn't achieve to pass it / fc it, then the retries will be there, at your sight, reminding you so... which to be honest, will make players feel bad in most cases.

You can always have osu! website open and refresh it once in a while to see how you are doing in retries with that particular map.
(If that map is at the retry list of course)
ShaggoN
You're definitely right Sir Minelli. Even now that number of retries piss me off sometimes... :?