forum

Rankings // N° of times played.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
Daisuke_old_1
Well, to make it short: Would be awesome if we could see how often someone has played a Map in the ingame-rankings.

E.G :

Max Mustermann 100,00% DT,HR,HD || 10,000,000 points || SS || 93# tries.

We do have something simliar on the website for the 20 or so most played maps, but I'd like to see this ingame though.

Its just a little thing Im curious about :)
TouchFluffyTail
This'd be interesting, see how many plays the top players actually put into their high ranks. Although it might be better to put this in the extended stats that show up when you mouse over a rank rather than actually in the UI.
Topic Starter
Daisuke_old_1

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

This'd be interesting, see how many plays the top players actually put into their high ranks. Although it might be better to put this in the extended stats that show up when you mouse over a rank rather than actually in the UI.
That seems to be the better option.
Abel
If im not wrong, this is [duplicate] but I like the idea
im to lazy to search original post
Wishy
Sorry but I'll say no. People will play offline for the sake of hiding they had to retry a lot to get their record. This was common practice back then wiith spun-out.
boat

Wishy wrote:

Sorry but I'll say no. People will play offline for the sake of hiding they had to retry a lot to get their record. This was common practice back then wiith spun-out.
Eh, people who'd bother probably do this already. If you care about that you probably care about your playcount as well. Logging in and out all the time is a bother, let the silly people do as they like, their loss and waste of time.
Abel

boat wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Eh, people who'd bother probably do this already. If you care about that you probably care about your playcount as well. Logging in and out all the time is a bother, let the silly people do as they like, their loss and waste of time.
Agree to Boat
Also, they might get reported from people if they do a HD+FL record on a map, and how playcount is low (online ofc) problems will appear, so thats why I recommend online play only ^_^
peppy
This will make more people play offline for silly reasons. I'm strongly against it, as cool of a stat as it may be.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

peppy wrote:

This will make more people play offline for silly reasons. I'm strongly against it, as cool of a stat as it may be.
Count offline playcount (like local scores are recorded) and submit offline + online playcount to the stat.
Knarf

Maav wrote:

peppy wrote:

Count offline playcount (like local scores are recorded) and submit offline + online playcount to the stat.
People will use another PC to play offline then...
Wishy

boat wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Not really since now you can't know how much plays they put on each record, so the only way to know it is by stalking them/asking them. And even so nobody really remembers the exact play count. People would start caring a lot about it when they see someone beats them with like 5 plays when they retried for two days.

Play count is one thing, but when we talk about giving data about how much plays each record took, then we get into trouble.
XripztEr

Wishy wrote:

and.. even people will keep disconnect a net while playing a map to avoid their counting
Abel

Zisam wrote:

Wishy wrote:

and.. even people will keep disconnect a net while playing a map to avoid their counting
Really, why there are people who doesnt play for play count, if it would be about me, I would play until 1m playcount and I would continue even then...
Topic Starter
Daisuke_old_1
Never thought people cared so much about they playercount ...

Thought it would be just a nice little thing to add, but I guess its all fun and laugh until it's about the e-penis.