forum

hs diff?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reiszen
How do i make a hs diff and how do i import hs to another diff?
P_O
just make it as you'd make difficulty normally expect you don't need to think about object placements at all. Only purpose of objects there is to be on sounds you want to have hitsounds.

So basicly in hitsound difficulty you just make a layer where you have those ticks covered that you want to hitsound and then add the samples you want to those objects.

You need to use external program to copy hitsounds to diffrent difficulties, one program i think most of the people use is mapping tools.
WitherMite
to copy hitsounds you use external software such as

grumd's HS copier: community/forums/topics/131540?n=1

or the one in olibomby's mapping tools: community/forums/topics/940368?n=1

there are quite a few HS copiers, look around in the development subforum for one you like.

as for how to make a HS diff there are a lot of different workflows, but really for STD you could just hitsound the top diff, then copy to lower diffs and check for any inconsistencies. or you could just spam circles/sliders for every sound you want to HS in a new diff and give them the appropriate HS. Theres also an option in mapping tools (hitsound preview helper) to have certain coordinates of the playfield get assigned a Hitsound and just place the objects in corresponding places. I'm unsure how to use Mapping tools' hitsound studio, maybe someone else can explain but that is also another option.