forum

[invalid] Visible timeline during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kurboh
So, I was thinking about if it's possible to create a mod where there's a visible timeline while playing a map through which players know at what time do they need to tap to the beat, shown either at the top, or at the side of the screen. That way, players can learn better to tap to rhythm of a song with harder to tap to maps while playing it, instead of relax and autopilot where either you don't have aim or tapping. Multiplier 0.00× ofc.

What's different about it (from stuff like auto, relax and autopilot) is that it's visible to the player when they should tap to the song unlike in auto where it's only hearable. You could combine the mod with autopilot as well.

Anyways, I'm not sure if a feature like this exists yet, if it does, that's awesome and would love to know how I could access it. If not, feel free to share your opinions on this idea. Thanks for reading ^^
abraker
I am assuming this is an osu gamemode only mod since the scrolling in catch, mania, and taiko can already be considered as a timeline of sorts. That said, idk how you can look at timeline and aim at same time. I see folks complaining at being distracted by acc/score display as is. Also where would this timeline be placed to begin with? I think this is one of those requests that are good on paper but bad in practice. I would recommend just going into editor and looking at the timeline during the part there.
WitherMite
is this really that different from the approach circle though? if its too hard to see the player can skin it to be thicker.

besides, following rhythms visually is way less accurate than aurally, musicians use metronomes for a reason.
Topic Starter
Kurboh

abraker wrote:

I am assuming this is an osu gamemode only mod since the scrolling in catch, mania, and taiko can already be considered as a timeline of sorts. That said, idk how you can look at timeline and aim at same time. I see folks complaining at being distracted by acc/score display as is. Also where would this timeline be placed to begin with? I think this is one of those requests that are good on paper but bad in practice. I would recommend just going into editor and looking at the timeline during the part there.
Yeah, I guess it just sounded nicer in my head haha
The thought process I had was, on the top of the screen where the score would be, to the left of it, a timeline would be shown with objects in the map, moving from one side to the other, approaching a line (or circle) in which you'd see when to press

Now that I think about it more, I kinda forgot about the accuracy bar at the bottom of the screen, which has that purpose of showing how early/late you press

So yeah, bad idea, ignore post xp
abraker

Kurboh wrote:

So yeah, bad idea, ignore post xp
denied by op ¯\_(ツ)_/¯