forum

Can a rated map be abandoned or no longer have a ranking?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flan_
I don't know if this is a dumb question, it's just that almost a year ago I played a map that according to me was rated but now it is abandoned (I'm not sure since I played it some time ago) anyway if this is possible what would be the reason?
Eni
If a map is plagiarized then it can be removed from ranked. For example, Ayla took tatemae's map and ranked it without permission. Note that when you download the set, the Parody difficulty isn't included.

Qualified maps can be disqualified and never qualified again, such as Hollow Wings' ADAMAS.

Maps can also be unranked for major issues such as incorrect spacing, one example being Shizuku's Winter Diamond.

You may have also played a map that is no longer loved, such as MillhioreF's Waltz o' the Irish.
Topic Starter
flan_

Project Railgun wrote:

If a map is plagiarized then it can be removed from ranked. For example, Ayla took tatemae's map and ranked it without permission. Note that when you download the set, the Parody difficulty isn't included.

Qualified maps can be disqualified and never qualified again, such as Hollow Wings' ADAMAS.

Maps can also be unranked for major issues such as incorrect spacing, one example being Shizuku's Winter Diamond.

You may have also played a map that is no longer loved, such as MillhioreF's Waltz o' the Irish.
thanks for the information :D
epic man 2

Project Railgun wrote:

wasnt waltz o the irish only loved for april fools in 2020 because millhioref became a fa instead of meganeko lol
aiq

epic man 2 wrote:

wasnt waltz o the irish only loved for april fools in 2020 because millhioref became a fa instead of meganeko lol
nope. it was loved indefinitely UNTIL someone posted a pass on the higher diff on YT, which made relax cheaters target the map even more than before (for instance the map had a 800bpm stream with super low spacing so cheating it with relax was super easy, and also super easy to catch)

it also had another diff which was 72 hours long ig