forum

Please play Multiplayer.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lennypuf
I only played maps from other peoples profiles, so I only played farm maps.

I'm terribly overranked and have been struggling and getting genuinely angry at
the game for about the past month, getting slowly worse and worse overtime.

I have played this game for about 7-8 months, got to 4 digit, but had never tried multiplayer ever.

So tonight I tried it and had an absolute blast playing the game for the first time in what
feels like ages.

There were many maps that others found easy that I struggled in, but it was actually fun unlike
usual, where I would get mad and quit the game. Literally played for like 5-6 hours straight
just simply enjoying the game.

To you all who are having trouble enjoying the game, please try multiplayer, maybe do it
with a friend in vc like I did, it might help a lot.

Edit: Remember to stretch, not stretching was a mistake fr
Gamesnake7
This + play unranked maps (not dan maps tho) to have fun in the game
pofnkul
Relate to this way too much lmao. Have fun first, everything else second (injury prevention 0th).
Entropy21
i really wish there are more 7k lobbies in multi as well, there are a few here and there but only et's can tbh (mostly star>=4)

so till then im stuck with my low 3 star converts ;-;
Stomiks
I wish there are more lobbies that fit my skill level when I'm online. 40% of my playtime in standard went into multiplayer since it was so much fun playing with other people. Now I can't really do that in mania since most of the time when I'm online, I only find lobbies that are either too easy or too difficult for me.
midgy
this a million times over! multiplayers lobbies are so fun for finding new friends and maps, also they're AMAZING for improvement since most of the time when you play in a multi you just play the map given and don't overthink and stress over it

also PSA: you can start your own lobbies and people will join after not long, make the title clear, something like: "4k (4*-5*) host rotate" and people will fill it up within a few minutes from my experience. it's like lots of people are waiting for one to appear instead of making it themselves ever
Hoshimegu Mio

midgy wrote:

this a million times over! multiplayers lobbies are so fun for finding new friends and maps, also they're AMAZING for improvement since most of the time when you play in a multi you just play the map given and don't overthink and stress over it

also PSA: you can start your own lobbies and people will join after not long, make the title clear, something like: "4k (4*-5*) host rotate" and people will fill it up within a few minutes from my experience. it's like lots of people are waiting for one to appear instead of making it themselves ever
My lobbies have nobody joining :(
Other than people in my group chat...

Probably because it usually says LN in the title :(

I still don't get why people hate LN maps so much. I'm way worse than a lot of the other players at around my skill range and I'm still enjoying it like everyone else should.
midgy

YyottaCat wrote:

midgy wrote:

I still don't get why people hate LN maps so much. I'm way worse than a lot of the other players at around my skill range and I'm still enjoying it like everyone else should.
well not only are ln unpopular but if you put a pattern type in the name it becomes a practice lobby instead of just sharing random maps you like which is what most people wanna do
abraker

YyottaCat wrote:

The trick is to play a few games yourself using the
/mp start 0
command until someone joins.

Also don't put LN in the title. Just put the star range of maps you will put up. Wait till lobby is at least half full before putting up challenging LN. Once you got the same people there for like half hour or an hour throw a password on the lobby to lock it to just those people and things will proceed butter smooth.

Doing this usually ends up with me and another person. We would rotate host back and forth and have fun.
Topic Starter
Lennypuf
Was playing a map I usually get frustrated at playing by myself, but it was actually fun just playing in multiplayer, I swear it just hits different.
midgy

Lennypuf wrote:

Was playing a map I usually get frustrated at playing by myself, but it was actually fun just playing in multiplayer, I swear it just hits different.
so true, i think it's cause you just tryna share a file with friends rather than pb so you don't care as much
edp446

YyottaCat wrote:

midgy wrote:

I've never seen anyone offer a good LN map. It's always the cringe 6 star anime LN maps that make me leave the lobby. The people who play those gigainflated 6 star maps think that they are the next windyS LN prodigy when in fact the patterns in the map are incredibly uninspiring and boring to play. It's not even fun to acc them. It's either you can or you can't play the pattern. If you can't then you won't have fun. If you can then it's boring. Or it's some crazy eleven star ln wall or ln release map from one of the dans in which no one is having fun anymore.

No, I will not play cyber inductance or quadraphinix or some DJ Sharpnel stamina map that lasts for 5 minutes for the 300th time in the same multi.
Gamesnake7

edp446 wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

midgy wrote:

I've never seen anyone offer a good LN map. It's always the cringe 6 star anime LN maps that make me leave the lobby. The people who play those gigainflated 6 star maps think that they are the next windyS LN prodigy when in fact the patterns in the map are incredibly uninspiring and boring to play. It's not even fun to acc them. It's either you can or you can't play the pattern. If you can't then you won't have fun. If you can then it's boring. Or it's some crazy eleven star ln wall or ln release map from one of the dans in which no one is having fun anymore.

No, I will not play cyber inductance or quadraphinix or some DJ Sharpnel stamina map that lasts for 5 minutes for the 300th time in the same multi.
Wait what? Where are the dump maps tbh
pofnkul
I pick one dump map and everyone quits lol.
Gamesnake7
Fr dump maps have broken SR
midgy

Gamesnake7 wrote:

Fr dump maps have broken SR
i actually think it;s the other way around most dump maps are quite accurate sr wise but most ranked is made for farm, real ranked 5* would be like appararition or vend and i don't think a single one of the 6* deserves 6* only maps actually hard enough are shinbatsu and azure arbitrator which don't even hit 6* lol

pofnkul wrote:

I pick one dump map and everyone quits lol.
you just picking the wrong dumps anything that isn't super easy uses lots of dump p much so you either gonna have to uprate everything and have pitch rated songs or play dumps, it's the only way to actually make files hard enough
pofnkul
Apparition is like as hard as galaxy collapse but is over a star lower in sr.

Also I don't know if im being dumb but I didn't quite understand your point about picking dumps.
Gamesnake7
Galaxy Collapse has jumptrills and rolls though which automatically means it's inflated
midgy

pofnkul wrote:

Apparition is like as hard as galaxy collapse but is over a star lower in sr.

Also I don't know if im being dumb but I didn't quite understand your point about picking dumps.
that's because galaxy collapse should be like 4.8* at the most.

i just mean people actually do like dumps you just have to know which kinda patterns they like and they'll play dumps of it
most people say they don't like dumps but will play dump js or jacks and love it
pofnkul
Honestly it may be because the dump maps I choose are outside of the skill range of the people I play with despite being within the star rating requirements.

Also saying GC is 4.8 stars is kinda weird imo cuz I can do 5-6 pretty well but still struggle with GC ending.

For SR I just use this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wt_2v3FFr94zKMN2J5iANZF3fQZySFazEUafRcnjiZY/edit#gid=0
Gamesnake7
Because the last jumptrill is insane since it holds on for long
pofnkul
I meant the 160 bpm speedjacks lmao.
Hoshimegu Mio

pofnkul wrote:

I meant the 160 bpm speedjacks lmao.
Those are not that difficult for me now but then I still can't hit the jumptrills.

I usually choose 7* - 8* maps when I'm playing aggressively and 4* when I'm playing with people with weaker skills.
midgy

pofnkul wrote:

Also saying GC is 4.8 stars is kinda weird imo cuz I can do 5-6 pretty well but still struggle with GC ending.
i mean if you change every jumptrill and roll into just a normal 1/4 trill which is literally the exact same thing it would be 4.8* and not have excessive notes for no apparent reason

if someone made a real GC with split trills and streams instyread of just jumptrill and roll spam would be cool
Gamesnake7
Bonus points if they're 13 24 split trills those are a lot harder to hit than 14 23 ones for some reason
midgy

Gamesnake7 wrote:

Bonus points if they're 13 24 split trills those are a lot harder to hit than 14 23 ones for some reason
because the 23 jump is noticably stuck together it becomes easily read as a jump where as with a [13][24] both of the jumps are split making it harder to read
Gamesnake7

midgy wrote:

Gamesnake7 wrote:

because the 23 jump is noticably stuck together it becomes easily read as a jump where as with a [13][24] both of the jumps are split making it harder to read
Yea

Wrong place to post this but jkzu's YT account is hacked wth
pofnkul
I have a map that's just the galaxy collapse speedjack part and it's 5.34 stars. Also I'm pretty sure Jkzu channel is fine but it might not be idk.
Gamesnake7
Jkzu said his channel got hacked twice, also before it was recovered it has cryptocurrency stuff
Spin__
ETHERIUM NEWS!!! I LOVE ETHERIUM NEWS
-Friede
mania lobby is pretty much dead since 2017-2018, to be honest. Now it's either those ETs or newbies who are playing multi.
midgy

Evelysse wrote:

mania lobby is pretty much dead since 2017-2018, to be honest. Now it's either those ETs or newbies who are playing multi.
it was always like that tbh i think you just got better than the noob lobbies without realising
pofnkul
From what I've seen it's mainly 1-2.99 (A.K.A 2-2.99) and 3-6 (A.K.A 4.5-6.99) If you want a specific star rating or map type you can always make a lobby urself.
john9912
Every 3-4 * lobby becomes a 5* only lobby within a half-hour, without fail.
That said, I should heed the advice to start lobbies more often.