show more
Inozuma
It's an interesting concept.

I'd like to help, but there is no french :o
Topic Starter
peppy
Added :)
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Inozuma

peppy wrote:

Added :)
-SiN-
errrrr sorry peppy, i hope you can change this in Indonesia (without -n)

it's accepted already but SongSelection_AddedToFavouritesA in Indonesia is totally wrong
"Tambah ke favorit A" is for SongSelection_AddToFavouritesA

"Added" and "Add" are 100% different meaning
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
-SiN-
i know.. but no revise button appear >.<
RemmyX25
Any chance I could request a Pirate language?
anonymous_old
Topic Starter
peppy
Examples of punctuation inconsistencies? Consider where they are actually used in-game.
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

Examples of punctuation inconsistencies? Consider where they are actually used in-game.
"Loading" has two .'s whereas "Searching" has three .'s.

Probably some dirt on my screen when I was looking at something. I thought there were more.

Some of the buttons above the score board are title case ("Next Page") whereas others are not ("Switch to local scoreboard"). For the latter example, I think "Switch to" is unnecessary (kinda like "Go to" in "Go to next page," if it were worded that way).

"Hovering a beatmap will change to it after a short delay." -- Isn't it "Hovering [the cursor] over a beatmap..." ?

"Leaving the song list will make it snap back to the active beatmap." -- When I first saw this in-game I thought it meant hitting "back."

/me goes to sleep, hopefully.
Rolled
Just leaving this here for pure awesome.

[09:59] <Film11|irc> i have thought of a good name
[09:59] <Film11|irc> ling-osu
[10:01] <peppy> also if you can think of a cool ppy name
[10:01] <peppy> somethign.ppy.sh
[10:01] <peppy> that would be even more epic
[10:01] <Film11|irc> li.ppy.sh
LuigiHann
"Lippy" works on a couple different levels. I approve heartily
Topic Starter
peppy
I like lippy a lot too.
Olinad
Can we use " or do we need to use ' instead?
anonymous_old

Olinad wrote:

Can we use " or do we need to use ' instead?
Depends on your language. The English base doesn't use quotes at all, though, so if your language permits it I would leave them out.
Echo
deepsea
I think some translation can be a group? Like Add to Favourites A and Add to Favourites B.In case that two different kind of translation be approved.>_>
Echo
Please standardise Chinese into either simplified or traditional - or we can do two separate files, I think that would be better.
Jeffro
Thank you for this system peppy. I have corrected / wronged / revised all dutch strings already to :)

Now we need more people confirming them.
DeadRamza
Topic Starter
peppy
Olinad

peppy wrote:

That isn't a problem - the translations will still be used even ithout them being 'accepted' for the time being.
What if there's more than one translation?
Topic Starter
peppy
The highest rated will be used.
EmuAGR
And what about comments? They would be useful to discuss shades of meaning, explain mistakes...

EDIT: Sometimes translations aren't committed when pressing enter.
bmin11
korean has already translated a year ago (in casual writing)
Even though, should we translate it for FAQ too?
ElfoVampiro
i can translate to portuguese-brazil
bagnz0r
Oh yeah. So it says my email isn't valid... How weird...
haruhiteamsos
could chinese compare Simplified Chinese and Simplified Chinese

Taiwan and Hong Kong used Simplified Chinese
and China used Simplified Chinese

the two types chinese are used in a large group

so~hope it can make a operation

sorry for my bad english :?
mattyu007
You mean

Taiwan + Hong Kong = Traditional Chinese
China = Simplified Chinese

?
haruhiteamsos

mattyu007 wrote:

You mean

Taiwan + Hong Kong = Traditional Chinese
China = Simplified Chinese

?
yes ">_>
Sonnyc
No korean??
Neo Adonis
Could you add all the possible translations for each language, even the tips? That could be useful.

I have a doubt: With some translations, the text get out of bounds (e.g. the selection options menu). Can somebody help me? (I speak spanish as my native language).
Topic Starter
peppy
The osu! UI is still not really ready for other languages due to bounds problems and such, but considering the nature of the game and limited amount of screen space, it may be hard to ever allow for this to be perfect (unless the size is to be reduced automatically for longer sentences).
mateusz1996
I can make Polish translation as one I saw in osu has quite a lot mistakes.
Matma Rex

mateusz1996 wrote:

All of them are fixed on pTransl, but somehow not in osu!.
mateusz1996

Matma Rex wrote:

mateusz1996 wrote:

All of them are fixed on pTransl, but somehow not in osu!.
Maybe pTransl wasn't checked by osu! staff?
bagnz0r

mateusz1996 wrote:

I believe it shouldn't be a problem, since me, Bagno - the ultimate Polish Grammar mastah will do the checks.
Matma Rex

BagnoGamer wrote:

mateusz1996 wrote:

I believe it shouldn't be a problem, since me, Bagno - the ultimate Polish Grammar mastah will do the checks.
I dont quite think you understood, O mastah. mateusz's post was about checking as in copying the stuff somewhere into osu! config~
bagnz0r

Matma Rex wrote:

I dont quite think you understood, O mastah. mateusz's post was about checking as in copying the stuff somewhere into osu! config~
He should learn to state phrases properly then.
show more