forum

Can't Tap Middle Key Properly (7K) (Noob)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AccountWontWork
Hello there!

I want to start learning how to do 7K but I can't tap the middle key properly, and by that I mean that it is uncomfortable and I always get confused when I need to press it.

Is there a certain technique to it or do I just have to play more and more to do it properly?

I'd also like some helpful advice from more experienced players, Thanks!
Gamesnake7
You just have to stick with it to be comfortable with it, I suggest to keep using your thumb for the middle key. Good luck, and may your 7k journey worth it
DeltaNami
Thumb is best for middle key, but you can choose which hand to use it on. Like Gamesnake said, you just kinda have to keep playing with it and it'll get easier.

(I also noticed that my thumb would hurt a lot when I first started 7k, but that went away really quickly as I built up a callus on my thumb!)
midgy
if you're mega-based then you alternate which thumb you use each press (will make jacks super easy later on)
Entropy21
when i was a complete newb in 7k, i press both thumbs because theres not much notes in low sr's (and its good practice anyway), as i progress further, not anymore...

u just need to get used to it, so practice them

but that alternating thumbs the birb said, i must try that lol
Haengsyo

midgy wrote:

if you're mega-based then you alternate which thumb you use each press (will make jacks super easy later on)
Jakads said not to learn alternating thumbs since “it is a waste of time”. I wanted to learn alternating too as well but I found out that it’s only more confusing and time consuming to learn :(
midgy

Haengsyo wrote:

midgy wrote:

Jakads said not to learn alternating thumbs since “it is a waste of time”. I wanted to learn alternating too as well but I found out that it’s only more confusing and time consuming to learn :(
i never said it was optimal, but it's clearly the most style points and that's what really matters.
MarioUniverseZ
definitely play more
Hoshimegu Mio

midgy wrote:

Haengsyo wrote:

midgy wrote:

i never said it was optimal, but it's clearly the most style points and that's what really matters.
It is actually better if you play really hard maps.