forum

The origin of anime on osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
supsatan
I wonder how a game like osu! can have so many anime references which is really cool. Where does it all come from? It was already present in the early days of osu! or it has become established over time?

By the way I also wonder about the origin of Pippi, if she has been created by Peppy or by the community. I am curious
HoosierTransfer

supsatan wrote:

I wonder how a game like osu! can have so many anime references which is really cool. Where does it all come from? It was already present in the early days of osu! or it has become established over time?

By the way I also wonder about the origin of Pippi, if she has been created by Peppy or by the community. I am curious
the idea of osu came from a japanese game so thats why its full of anime

i dont know the exact origin of pippi but all i know is that it has something to do with yandere simulator
Topic Starter
supsatan

HoosierTransfer wrote:

supsatan wrote:

the idea of osu came from a japanese game so thats why its full of anime

i dont know the exact origin of pippi but all i know is that it has something to do with yandere simulator
Oh yeah I've heard that Yandere dev added Pippi on Yandere simulator which makes sense
loserotaku
it was inspired by a japanese game

also i think just how japanese is sung make it perfect for an osu! esque game
(also peppy may be a weeb)
epic man 2
wasnt pippi made before yandere simulator went into development hell or am i dumb lol
InJohnsBasement
osu! Was inspired by a Japanese rhythm game for the DS. And due to that anime and other references to Japanese pop culture were just the norm for people.
Puppet

InJohnsBasement wrote:

osu! Was inspired by a Japanese rhythm game for the DS. And due to that anime and other references to Japanese pop culture were just the norm for people.
the ds game wasnt that good tho in my oppinion. maybe its just that i played it after starting normal osu
Neigdoig
The Japanese rhythm game mentioned is Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!. What you're not told is that there was an overseas version of the game released called Elite Beat Angels, which is the same concept, just because it's considered weird overseas.
Stomiks
Rhythm games are pretty popular in japan in general so anime would be prevalent here regardless of osu!'s origin.