forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sapphiire_old_1
are the final evolutions of the starters fake ore real ? I hope they are fake
Haneii
Hope this is the right place to post this. If not, sorry. Nintendo's holding fan gatherings across Canada on the 11th (They could be having them elsewhere as well, I only know about the ones here though)

Link: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/zQrRwyQ64CILripvxvjSWGhuZNf8Rz7Y?country=CA?=en

When you come down, you will be able to play Pokémon X and Pokémon Y before it hits the shelves! Don’t forget to bring your own Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo DS and your favourite Pokémon titles since this is a great opportunity to meet other Pokémon fans, exchange tips and maybe even trade a Pokémon or two.

Pokémon fans may walk away with an item to commemorate the launch of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and Canada’s largest Pokémon gathering! Arrive early as giveaways are limited.

In addition, if you come down dressed up as your favorite Pokémon or Trainer you may receive a Poké Ball Game Case
I'll be going as Iris to the Ottawa gathering (I'll be the Iris with the Team Rocket Grunt, Pikachu, and Umbreon).

Again, sorry if this was the wrong place to post this.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
general stuff goes here -> t/88118
Professor Prinny
Note: Requested by Blazevoir to categorize this here.

Um can I check with you guys that Pokemon X & Y don't come out until the 12th?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
yes. the OFFICAL release date is the 12th of October, however it's well know that some places have been selling early copies. i'm so annoyed by this, i want every shop who was involved to close down

ahahahahaha
Ekaru
UK in particular is notorious for being able to get this game early. Goddamn it. QQ
Trash Boat
just 1 day 2 hours and 23 minutes left!
La Volpe

battler077 wrote:

Rorona

La Volpe wrote:

battler077 wrote:

lmao that's actually really funny.

I have the game preordered and everything, all I actually need to do is buy my 3ds.
Might need one of those.
Audiodelus
Eeh, X/Y is 60$ here and 40(?)$ in the US. God damn.
DakeDekaane
It seems shiny ratio has increased or something, I've seen some people getting their first one quite early.

(Yeah, big stores are selling the game here since yesterday, shame on them.
Professor Prinny

Ekaru wrote:

UK in particular is notorious for being able to get this game early. Goddamn it. QQ
Well you're right about that Ekaru. Mine just came through the mail.
Lanturn
14 more hours until the eshop has it :(

one last day of work to go!
Birdy
I was at shop, waiting to pay my stuff, and two guys behind me were talking about Gen VI and how non-Pokémon-ish it seems. Had hard time trying not to smile or laugh.
NaomiMinette
Re-following now (though I overlooked three certain posts, one being the list of the new Pokémon + more Mega Evolutions, for the time being).

My thoughts on the starters' final evolutions
- Chesnaught reminds me of a Digimon
- Greninja actually looks decent
- Delphox is acceptable, but following the witch theme from Braixen, I thought it'd look more like this:

Stefan

Static Noise Bird wrote:

I was at shop, waiting to pay my stuff, and two guys behind me were talking about Gen VI and how non-Pokémon-ish it seems. Had hard time trying not to smile or laugh.
Yup, can't agree more with it. :D
NaomiMinette
My friend came up with an interesting theory which also makes sense involving the starters:

They're based on RPG classes. Chespin is a fighter/knight, Quilladin's name gives is away, Paladin. Fennekin is a mage that becomes a wizard and Froakie is a rogue that becomes a ninja.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i have pokemon X /o/
La Volpe

deadbeat wrote:

i have pokemon X /o/
Timezone OP.
Trash Boat
just 1 hour and 57 minutes left!
Rorona
I'm a while longer :/

I need to pick it up though :(
ALSO: I still need to buy a 3DS, can anyone who has a 2DS tell me how it is?
Trash Boat

Rorona wrote:

I'm a while longer :/

I need to pick it up though :(
ALSO: I still need to buy a 3DS, can anyone who has a 2DS tell me how it is?
i still didn't buy a 2DS, but from what i know, it looks like a slice of bread
Azure_Kite
PIKACHU USES IT'S ANIME VOICE INSTEAD OF IT'S ORIGINAL CRY WHAT BLASPHEMY ASFGKASLDJGASHL:SJKFGAGASJKFHGLASJKFGHLAFJKSGHUIA HAJKBCLJK HGAFLIA GNCFILUGA CFLJGA<XJH BGANLDJHGLKHbvgrskl;hbsfk;u ivwwvgfilreugasilrubjghfa;il BH kl<>ujghr:aGWRipaw8 y3q9-ya[0p4y858-7v
Trash Boat
1 hour and 14 minutes leeeeeftt!!!!!!!!
Audiodelus
Wow,exp for catching pokemon now.
Azure_Kite
Is anybody else having more fun with the Super Training minigames than the actual game so far? This balloon popping game is awesome fun.
Aurele
I want to get a 3DS so bad ;~;
Azure_Kite
There are a few places where Framerate drops considerably (Parfum Palace Tall Grass Battles), but other than that, this is awesomesauce
Lanturn
zzz Why do I have to be on the western side of the world :P

eshop should be getting it in another hour... Canadians and Americans.... just a little bit longer :(

Also... should we do something about posting friend codes for Pokémon seperate of the original 3DS thread? I'm sure there are probably tons of people who only really want them for Pokémon XY.. What do you guys think?

Edit: I don't really care who adds me or not, just send me a PM if you want me to add you back :)

FC: 3480-2566-0973
Trash Boat
yeah! its October 12th! does anyone is so brave to camp next to the store just for buying a copy of Pokémon X/Y?
Audiodelus
Just a heads up, once Fennekin evolved into it's second form, it gets a unique animation for its abilities (It makes use of it's stick), but my two friends who chose the other two starters did not notice any difference once theirs evolved. If they did it's minimal and not very noticeable.

Exp share now auto shares to all pokemon and doesn't need to be held (and is given after the first gym), which I find is greatly useful. Second starter get's given just after the first gym too, so that's nice.

FC: 0817-5179-6813

That first gym has a nice design though.
bmin11
Can you check how the EV spread works for the Exp share now if possible? It probably doesn't matter too much, but I'm just curious.
Audiodelus
You'll probably end up doing "Super Training" minigames to raise EV's, but just at a glance, I would assume each pokemon just gets the same EV's but at a reduced percentage (just for scaling w/ exp gain), looking my the stat increases. I'm no expert with EV's though.

Though now if a pokemon levels using exp share from being in the party, it doesn't flood your screen with the stat increase information. I also found a pikachu in the first forest, but it's a low chance to find one. You can also find the panpour/pansage/ect trio there too, giving a nice variety.
Jinxy
Decided to go with Chespin after all, since I have Torchic and all. I'll get Fennekin either in another run, or if the leak of getting your rival's starter in the future is true.

Audiodelus wrote:

Wow,exp for catching pokemon now.
Woohoo!

Also, that derpy moment when you buy pokeballs and catch a pokemon before the official tutorial by your rival.

Lots of things to catch in the Route 2, though.
Audiodelus
I really like the detail paid to the battle backgrounds though, especially when I saw the tree path line in route 6 before the Parfum Palace. The skating shoes seem to have fixed feelings between my friends though. I like them, but they hate the skates.

I was kind of surprised to find a Riolu in the wild at route 522 tbh.(It's avalible really early.) Too much pokemon to catch and not enough space.

Abra in route 5. Teleport away after failed catch ever time.

Oh, the 1 second save time is great too. Now I don't cringe when I go to save.
Jinxy
My Scatterbug has a smiling emote when it's playing with the punching bags. What does that mean?

EDIT: And Super Training does give EVs, right? So I can't play all 6 balloons if I want to Min-Max...

EDIT2: A smiling pokemon means it only takes have the amount of hits to destroy a punching bag e.g. a L-bag that gives 12 EVs takes only 25 hits instead of 50.
NoHitter
Got it now. Softresetting for a good starter is hard boring as hell.
Jinxy
asdhsghkds I forgot about natures, now I feel like resetting to get an Adamant event Torchic

Can we redeem Torchic again if we reset, though?
Professor Prinny
Hey guy's EVs can be reset now!
Jinxy

Professor Prinny wrote:

Hey guy's EVs can be reset now!
Yeah, I was just going to say this. I found a Reset Bag for Core Training. Not sure how rare it is, though.
show more