forum

osu! Public Release b753c

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Taiko should be all good and ready to go now. The score reset should follow over the next few days, assuming no problems are found before then. You can now add and view your online favourites from in-game, along with a few other mini-features. The usual spread of bug-fixes as well, of course.

2009-07-26 (b753)
Interface:
(+) Add and view your online favourites list form in-game!
(*) Fixes for new ranking system.
(*) Fixed creator-based grouping on song select.

Editor:
(+) Automatic resizing of large background images.

Gameplay:
(+) Local scoreboard is displayed in-game.
(*) Taiko changes (a lot of these). Should be ready for score reset after a bit of thorough checking!

Misc:
(+) New mouse precision toggle which may help on some PC setups (especially with <1.0x sensitivity).
(*) Fixed map updating in multiplayer.

Full changelog:
(+) [Intermezzo] Added toggable mouse precision mode.
(+) [peppy] Added in-game online favourites display.
(+) [peppy] Added option to add map to online favourites from ranking screen.
(+) [peppy] Added three new play-count based achievements. Art contributed by ToRMeNToR_84.
(+) [peppy] Added two new Catch the Beat achievements. Art contributed by ToRMeNToR_84.
(+) [peppy] Background images are resized to a maximum size of 1024x768 if they exceed it (on adding a new background in editor).
(+) [peppy] Local scores are displayed on in-game scoreboard.
(+) [peppy] Options menu is now widescreen compatible.
(*) [Intermezzo] Changed the way how Taiko Face animatons look by adding zigzag-like patterns.
(*) [Intermezzo] Doubled the taiko face animationspeed after 150 combo's.
(*) [Intermezzo] Fixed a Taiko exploit where spinners could be finished with incorrect hit sequences.
(*) [Intermezzo] Fixed a taiko bug where notes always hit if all buttons are pressed simultaneously.
(*) [Intermezzo] Fixed letterbox appearing during outro time.
(*) [Intermezzo] Fixed skip button not fading when being hovered during fadeout.
(*) [Intermezzo] Made the Taiko spinners a lot more strict.
(*) [Intermezzo] Taiko drumrolls are now affected by kiai timing.
(*) [Intermezzo] Taiko face animations are no longer affected by inherited timing.
(*) [peppy] Change large taiko hits to have their mouthes closed by default.
(*) [peppy] Changed handling of custom offsets during gameplay.
(*) [peppy] Changed origin of comboburst sprites to bottom-left.
(*) [peppy] Changed rank sort behaviour to handle empty ranks.
(*) [peppy] Changing resolutions in options menu fades out/in. Looks a lot cleaner.
(*) [peppy] Fix being able to enable Relax and Autopilot at the same time.
(*) [peppy] Fixed "No personal high score" not fading in.
(*) [peppy] Fixed before/afterGameplay calculations causing crash when no hitObjects present.
(*) [peppy] Fixed denden completion not giving combo bonus.
(*) [peppy] Fixed forms not rendering correctly in fullscreen modes. As a result, fullscreen no longer has to swap to windowed for some cases.
(*) [peppy] Fixed jukebox progress not working in f9 view.
(*) [peppy] Fixed jukebox unnecessarily showing current track every time game mode is changed.
(*) [peppy] Fixed level not updating on a decimal level.
(*) [peppy] Fixed local replays not being cleaned up after beatmap updates/deletions.
(*) [peppy] Fixed local scores not being saved and duplicating under some circumstances.
(*) [peppy] Fixed main menu buttons behaving strangely when mouse button is down.
(*) [peppy] Fixed mode logo not displaying on song selection when background image is loaded.
(*) [peppy] Fixed mouse button detection rates in taiko mode.
(*) [peppy] Fixed new users being unable to connect to Bancho.
(*) [peppy] Fixed pause cursor not clickable at edges of screen.
(*) [peppy] Fixed scores with combos of over 1,000 overlapping their binding rectangle on the song selection screen.
(*) [peppy] Fixed sort by creator not working correctly.
(*) [peppy] Fixed sprite import dialog using wrong filepath.
(*) [peppy] Fixed stats/rank commands in Bancho not working with new ranking system.
(*) [peppy] Fixed storyboard sounds not being saved correctly by the editor.
(*) [peppy] Fixed taiko finish notes causing misses when too close together.
(*) [peppy] Fixed taiko input sometimes not accepting both sides of drum at once.
(*) [peppy] Fixed test build not connecting to bancho.
(*) [peppy] Fixed updating of maps in multiplayer not working correctly.
(*) [peppy] Huge performance improvements to local score storage system.
(*) [peppy] Made taiko drumrolls more lenient.
(*) [peppy] Optimised looking up beatmaps internally by checksum.
LittleMagic_old
so, if i hit Katsu instead of Don, it will seen as a mistake, right? okay, that will be a little bit hard, but not a bad idea ^^ *hope I'm not going to do lots of mistakes*
Topic Starter
peppy
Subsequently released b753a,b,c for bugfixes.
ShaggoN
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DeadRamza
the multiplayer updating now have more bugs and glitches than before...
now i have to close osu! and open the aplication again everytime i want to play a new downloaded song
it's very annoying now
tehman
Topic Starter
peppy
More details please. At the moment reading your "bug reports" is quite tedious since they contain very little detail. Have you tried hitting F5? Where are you downloading from? What happens when it fails to extract?
DeadRamza
i'm pressing f5
at the first time i press f5 the music don't play and it keeps telling that i don't have the song
at the second time i press f5 the music plays... but i keeps telling that i don't have the song, so i tried clicking it to see if
another update was needed...
it keeps saying that i don't have it... even if i'm hearing it
so i tried getting out of the room and going solo once (at solo it shows up and plays perfectly)... so then i go back to the room...
but it still keeps saying that i don't have the song...
my friend tryed to make me the host so i could choose the glitched song
but the problem keeps showing up
so...
to solve it i had to close the Osu! application and then open it again
so the problem go away...
but it seems that this problem is happening to everyone

oh and by the way i'm downloading it from osu! servers

that's the best i can explain (without questions) with my english
=]

hope i helped with something
arien666
(*) Taiko changes (a lot of these). Should be ready for score reset after a bit of thorough checking!
Finally... Reset seems coming...
And... Download all of beatmap packs lol
nsane
DeadRamza

DeadRamza wrote:

i'm pressing f5
at the first time i press f5 the music don't play and it keeps telling that i don't have the song
at the second time i press f5 the music plays... but i keeps telling that i don't have the song, so i tried clicking it to see if
another update was needed...
it keeps saying that i don't have it... even if i'm hearing it
so i tried getting out of the room and going solo once (at solo it shows up and plays perfectly)... so then i go back to the room...
but it still keeps saying that i don't have the song...
my friend tryed to make me the host so i could choose the glitched song
but the problem keeps showing up
so...
to solve it i had to close the Osu! application and then open it again
so the problem go away...
but it seems that this problem is happening to everyone

oh and by the way i'm downloading it from osu! servers

that's the best i can explain (without questions) with my english
=]

hope i helped with something

i had the same problem...
i think everyone is having it...
my friend is having it too
and everyone that i played on multiplayer today
Spudman
I noticed I can't just assault the spinners with spam in Taiko anymore, just like the sliders. Oh well.

BRING ON THE RESET!
aquabluu
Lot of work on Taiko, it's good. Can't wait to see Taiko maps rankable :D

Oh, about getting Taiko maps ranked...do you think it would be unfair to put it up together with the osu! maps? There are far less conditions for a Taiko map to be ranked, no distance snapping, no grids, no need to worry about combos, hitsounds and sliders. It should be much easier to mod. What do you think?
arien666

aquabluu wrote:

Lot of work on Taiko, it's good. Can't wait to see Taiko maps rankable :D

Oh, about getting Taiko maps ranked...do you think it would be unfair to put it up together with the osu! maps? There are far less conditions for a Taiko map to be ranked, no distance snapping, no grids, no need to worry about combos, hitsounds and sliders. It should be much easier to mod. What do you think?
Taiko maps will be popular for taiko players lol
Anyway...

After reset...
How is ranking going to be what???
Ah...
Marcotonio
I'm not pretty sure why/if it happens, but, after this update, always when I play with the new precision feature deactivated, my mouse, at certain point in a game starts to get drunk.

I'm don't know what I do for this to happen, first I thought it happened when the game lagged, but I figured out that sometimes the game don't even lag and the mouse gets bugged.

The most exact description I can give you is that I can see my arrow pointer with the "osu! cursor" moving a bit retarded, or even moving less than the track I did with my mouse.

Anyway, now I'll play only with the new mode, I think. xD
Qhj_old
This release is great, but there's a bug:
If I hit the windows key, then go back to osu!, then the cursor gets stuck in the lower right corner and I have to close and reopen osu to fix it
Otherwise great release :)
DeadRamza
the problem with the updating is still happening and now i noticed that at some times my mouse start to move by itself to places that i don't want to (it's looks like it's drunk or something)
this happens more frequently at spinners
Topic Starter
peppy
I realise there is a problem with loading maps in multiplayer. This should be resolved within 24 hours from now. Please stay calm until then.
DeadRamza
\o/
thanks
you're the best
show more