forum

downgrid - an osu!direct like beatmap downloader

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SergioMarquina
My old laptop was so slow when I was playing on multiplayer lobbies and wanted to download beatmaps, I had to click to the link, wait for the web browser to show up and load the page and download it from the crazy slow osu! servers (atleast on my internet) and click to the downloaded beatmap file. That was a real hassle. So I thought to myself, why not automate this process? And that's how I got the idea of making downgrid, an osu!direct like beatmap downloader for you to use in multiplayer lobbies or downloading beatmaps with a single click in game.

System is pretty simple. You click to an osu! beatmap link, and downgrid parses it. If the link is not an osu! beatmap link, it just redirects it to your actual web browser. The way it gets the links if through masking itself as a web browser. downgrid uses chimu.moe to download beatmaps. The reason that I didn't use the actual osu! servers is well its against the actual reason why I made downgrid and second, downloading from actual osu! servers are pretty complicated. I'm not gonna go too much detail but simply, I have to ask the user their osu! user credentials which is not that great if you ask me.

You can access downgrid through the github repository linked below along with the instructions of how you can install downgrid or compile it yourself. Any contribution or suggestion is welcome :3

https://github.com/YusufOzmen01/downgrid

Sorry if my English is so bad I'm not native :3
LitFill
Interesting
DSXG Plays
woahh sounds great!
iKunX
so cool