forum

o!m Ranking Criteria Change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loctav
Greetings, osu!mania Community.

According to this thread, the osu!mania Ranking Criteria has been changed.

Previously, you were not allowed to place more than 6 objects at the same time, regardless of the type of objects.
This rule has been changed to the following:

You are not allowed to put more than 6 notes simultaneously.
Considering most keyboards use USB connections which do not allow 7 simultaneous presses, we make this rule to help more people enjoy the game. The end of hold notes are an exception, because they are released and not pressed.
This means, that any hold-ends like in this example do not count into the limitation. On the example, you practically placed 5 objects at the same time, not 7, since 2 of the 7 objects are hold-ends and do not count into this limitation.

Happy mapping!
17VA
yes yes yes it's great news
Bobbias
Great to see this change. It only affects really hard charts, but it's nice to have the extra freedom.
Tiny Boukensha
hum
Maiz94
You should update the hitsound rule here, Loctav. :p
Topic Starter
Loctav

ishimaru94 wrote:

You should update the hitsound rule here, Loctav. :p
Why? This rule always existed? YOu guys simply ignored it. There has been no change at all.
Maiz94
Since this thread has been authorized and maybe some of the mania mappers might not notice with the new changes of the hitsounding rule.
Topic Starter
Loctav
There is no new change . It's not new. The rule existed before mania existed. People were simply ignoring it.
Maiz94
Okay. :D
Topic Starter
Loctav
p/2954884 Please take note of the new rule/guideline, which has been amended by today.

Also consider that mapsets being submitted before this rulechange are not affected and do not need to fulfill this rule. Anyways, every freshly created mapset must follow the currently amended rulechange. If you have doubts about this rule, please post in the respective thread linked above.
kidlat020
Considering most keyboards use USB connections which do not allow 7 simultaneous presses
why don't people like to buy dem same old reliable PS/2 keyboards is beyond my understanding.

安すぎなのに。。。
Tear
Neither my PC or my laptop has a PS/2 port. The keyboard is not a problem
PyaKura
According to ppy, forcing an user to buy hardware to enjoy the game is out of the question. @Kidlat

Also what Tear said. I play on a laptop and no PS/2 port. My gaming PC doesn't have one either. (Though I can simulta7 using the Shift keybinds...)
Maiz94

PyaKura wrote:

(Though I can simulta7 using the Shift keybinds...)
This.

Plus, not many players know that they can use Shift key to do it. :(
PyaKura
It doesn't work on every external kb either not to mention it's uncomfortable for players who use their left thumb for middle key unless you've got tiny hands unlike me...