forum

[duplicate] Time based ranking in case of score equality

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
gael75014
This thread was made because of the number of player that have the same score as another (the first for example) and are automaticaly ranked as second because of the fact that they made that score after the first.
This especially happen on beatmaps with no spinner, where the score when SSing the map is the same for all the player that have the same mods enabled.
It causes two things that we may consider as an issue:

- "Locked" scorelist: Even SSing with all mods on those mods will not forcibly make you have a good rank as it depends of how many other did the same BEFORE and so make inequalities depending on the date where you made that score
- The pp system is made so that a score is less and less valued over time. It makes that if you SSed a no spinner map with all mods, you CANNOT beat your score and so, will lead with time to a global regression of pp as there is less maps ranked per day than the number of maps that someone having many maps will download.

The idea would basically to keep the score based scorelist (it's logical) and then, in case of inequalities, compare the mean time between the moment player click and the moment he was supposed to, and maybe taking into account the unstable rate (don't know if it representative)

It would make possible to beat the #1 player even on the cases mentioned before, and also make you able to beat your own scores, so that player do not lead to a perpetual lose of pp depending of how much map they DL.

I hope this suggestion will go along with you.
Sorry for the bad english, I am french and still not really good with it.
Marcin
Related
t/125655
Topic Starter
gael75014
Oh, sorry, Searched if there was a similar post but id not saw it. Then, I suppose this post is useless.
Marcin
It's not really the same, but if you say so :3
Topic Starter
gael75014
Thought that was what you were saying ^^.

Anyway, I don't think many player would have been for that suggestion so it's not a big loss, in my opinion.
TheVileOne
This is not the same thing. I think that comparing stable rates is a good idea. I can unduplicate it if you want.
Topic Starter
gael75014
Do what you want with it.
I am okay with it being unduplicated bu I don't think it would change anything:
I think this would be needing too much processing power for the pp calcul (what is the word we should use?) and so it would proably never be done.

Not to forget that with my current osu skills, it would not change anything for me. It is more to the good player to choose that type of things that would affect them.

Anyway, thanks for your message.