forum

Wrist/forearm pain (Osu!mania)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shahgg
So, I have been unable to play Osu!mania for a couple of weeks now due a to an injury I suffered while playing Osu!mania, This is not the first injury I've sustained but this one is significantly more painful and has lasted for much longer. The pain consists of a sharp, stinging pain that originates at my wrist and forearm. The afflicted arm (left) is completely fine doing other tasks on the computer (including typing) however, If I play pretty much any song for any length of time I experience pain. This pain I suspect was the result of a relatively short vibro practice session however I did not feel pain during or immediately after said session it was about 30 minutes later as I was going to bed did this pain become apparent. I think it appropriate to reiterate that this vibro session was no more than 30 minutes and was only about 50 KPS furthermore, I only play around 4.8* - 5* beatmaps so nothing too physically demanding.

So I ask, What should I do? Should I see a doctor? or should I keep taking a break to see if it improves?
Has anyone else ever had this happen? Have I physically hit my cap I know that people have injured themselves before but I've yet to hear of one where the pain was much later after a play session such as in my case.

(sorry if this is hard to read I suck at writing and wanted to get this out ASAP)
Rusty af
This should be in the osu!mania subforum, not here
Simon12
I don't play mania, but whenever I started experiencing pain from playing standard I would just take a break.
Then come back every now and then to test if it still hurts. Eventually it stopped hurting.
One tip I can give you is don't push yourself as hard next time and pay very close attention to how your body feels.
You might be able to sense where your limit is, and stop yourself in time before it develops into an injury.
Use your intuition.
DeltaNami
If you're able to see a doctor, do so. If not, take a break or stop playing depending on the severity. A good rule of thumb is that if it affects your quality of life then see a doctor so they can diagnose and treat it.
PooI_old_3
If it gets any worse you should see a doctor. But usually the pain would go away after a few days or so.
Amane
Taking a break and preventing an injury is always better than treating it afterwards, keep that in mind
Salim Of Shadow
I did the same thing 4 months ago,practiced a map that was clearly beyond my skill level,started experiencing heavy pain during the session,but i kept going for some reason,the next day i could barely open a door or use a fork...
The funny thing is,that the pain actually never went away...Firstly it was my right hand,but then as i kept on playing easier stuff my left one begin to hurt too...Now i can't turn my hands up without experiencing excruciating pain...Went to the doctor and he said it's most likely tendinitis,he prescribed me a cream that did nothing at all...rip
OmlitsAnna
I've gotten that too + carpal tunnel for quite a while. I'd suggest just taking a long break until you get better and try not to excessively use your hand.