forum

Hit circles on top of each other

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
atomchoco
Hello!

First time beatmapping. Need help. :D

I've placed 6 consecutive eighth notes on the exact same position (appearing on top of each other) and they are displayed correctly in the editor, but when I test they appear to be set off a bit. Is there any way around this?

I've read some of the posts but I can't seem to find stuff relating to this. Thanks in advance! :)
Minah
hi! :)
i don't recommend doing it, because it's hard to read those notes,
but here's how you change it:
Go to Song Setup > Advanced. Then put the Stack Leniency closer to ''Rarely Stack'' ^^
Topic Starter
atomchoco
Hi thanks for the reply :)

I've tried playing around with the Stack Leniency slider but still there's almost no change. :(

Still they appear as "stacked" in the editor but they don't appear the same during testing. :(
Minah
ooh, i did some research and found this:

James2250 wrote:

The reason that stacking still occurs even when you have the stack leniency all the way to the left on that tab is because that is not technically setting it to the minimum it is able to go. That is just as close as you can get it on the in-game editor.

If you open the .osu in notepad while stack leniency is all the way to the left you will see

This is because setting it to 0.0 (how it used to be) is unrankable, you are not allowed to completely disable stacking.
(Also note: having stack leniency set all the way to the left on 0.2 should be used very rarely and only when no other option works correctly, you are better off moving it closer to the right)
blissfulyoshi
Yeah...stack leniency is a relatively old topic that is not really talked about anymore.

If you are not happy with how the stacking goes, you can manually stack the notes (use a very small ds and no grid) to get closer to a look you prefer (still, notes can't be right on top of each other))
Topic Starter
atomchoco
guess that's how it is then. thx for replies :)
ARGONJEFF
rip
Zelzatter Zero
why necroposting a 7-year-old thread just to comment "rip"?