forum

anime adaptation > original source - recommendations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
raszka
any examples of this? like an adaptation so good it blows its original counterpart out of the water
AccountWontWork
Demon Slayer, it's manga is good but not SUPER good, the animation really helped it get to a top tier anime.

Jujutsu Kaisen, the manga is already pretty damn good, but mappa elevated it further with their animation, plus the op is a banger.

Tower of God, the webtoon's art was still quite dogshit at the time, the new art style they did was quite good. also I'm still waiting for a second season...

Mob Psycho 100, super good.
THAT_otaku
Definitely A Silent Voice, with the movie (anime) you can get a much deeper understanding of the characters and the emotions of all of the characters. (same with I Want To Eat Your Pancreas, and all movies in this vein).
kujubuo
i would say Danshi koukousei no nichijou

Its the funniest anime i have ever watched

The soundtracks,voice actors, the atmosphere in the anime makes it way better tbh.

Its the only comedy anime that made me laugh too! (Asobi asobase did me laugh too but danshi koukousei no nichijou made me laugh consistently)
Nuuskamuikkunen
The Tatami Galaxy is the first example that comes to mind, the novel while being the same story, it doesn't feel much like the same. The animation and direction made it WAY better.
Stomiks
Definitely AOT. The visuals you get from the manga are massively upgraded in the anime. Also the VAs in the anime are just too good.