forum

can I mark a 2.7 star as normal

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Necrp
Naming it hard just doesn't feel right, and it's right on the edge of normal and hard difficulties. It would also overcomplicate some things. Is it fine if I label it as normal?
WitherMite
depends on the map, SR isnt a super great way to judge what difficulty the map is.
though, often something between normal and hard can be called advanced.

also, looking at the set youre probably talking about, you can actually call the highest difficulty in a set whatever you want.

wiki/Ranking_Criteria/osu!

read through the normal and hard RC to get an idea of what the differences should be.
Eni
Star rating is irrelevant in the ranking process. Certain patterns will increase star rating more than others, and how SR is calculated changes all the time.

I checked out your map and the reason the SR is 2.7* is because there is large spacing in parts like 03:04:293 (4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1) -. Other difficulty elements like multi-repeat sliders don't increase star rating as much, which is why maps that are higher SR usually have larger spacing as well.

You'll also observe higher SR on faster maps (high bpm 1/2) compared to slower ones (low bpm 1/2).

As WitherMite suggested, it's more important that your difficulty is mapped like a Normal relative to the Ranking Criteria, your spread, and the song itself, in order to be considered a Normal.

Good luck with your future maps!