forum

osu!stream map recreation, how should it be handled?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kurboh
So, there is this version of osu called osu!stream that I wanted to try, but I haven't got an ios device, so it's impossible for me to play it. That's why I decided I should try to recreate a map from it for fun :p

There is however one difference between regular osu and osu!stream, the Hold button. Also, the game allows for two notes to be hit at the same time as the game is played on a touchscreen instead of a mouse/tablet and keyboard.

Here's what I thought of for a map conversion to look like: beatmapsets/1701378#osu/3476413

I turned every hold into a burst of multiple circles (didn't make a slider for it to maintain a similar shape), and as for parts that require input for both fingers, I either removed one of the parts or included them both so it maintains some sort of rhythm still.

If there's a better way to convert/recreate these maps, feel free to suggest some ideas.

Mainly made this because I love music from NIGHTkilla (and would love if one gets ranked one day, not necessarily from me ofc) and there was map with one of his songs already lmao
i am very gay
for the circles you could have super slow sliders and overlap them in a specific way so you cant see the body
Topic Starter
Kurboh

i am very gay wrote:

for the circles you could have super slow sliders and overlap them in a specific way so you cant see the body
Uhmm, how do I do that?
i am very gay

Kurboh wrote:

i am very gay wrote:

Uhmm, how do I do that?
you set a low sv (you will need 0.4 base sv and 0.1 multiplier) and then you have red anchors that go back and forwards on top of eachother so that the body barely goes outside of the circle.

or you could have a buzz slider with the low sv and lower the hitsound voulume

e: not needed but recommended
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Map has (finally) been updated to include that, as well as the original look of the map from osu!stream