forum

[invalid] Remove support filter from feature requests.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Wishy
So we can post stuff like this without having to evade filters:

"I supp-ort this for X and Y reason."

Not that there is any real difference from a "sup-port" post without any content and something else like "I like this".
Marcin
You don't really have to sup-port threads which are already bumped, if something gets 2 month old after last post, then you can consider bumping it, but other than that it's just senseless. (Also, buy shiny stars for supporting ideas)
Zare

Marcin wrote:

You don't really have to sup-port threads which are already bumped, if something gets 2 month old after last post, then you can consider bumping it, but other than that it's just senseless. (Also, buy shiny stars for supporting ideas)
So your opinion won't count unless you pay? well okay.
Marcin
Have I ever said that ._.?
I just mean that you shouldn't spam with "support" since it's senseless, better create good enough argumentation why you want to have this feature, and it's far more useful.
Zare

Marcin wrote:

Have I ever said that ._.?
I just mean that you shouldn't spam with "support" since it's senseless, better create good enough argumentation why you want to have this feature, and it's far more useful.
If all reasons are stated in the OP, no need to rewrite them all. If people want to show they agree, why shouldn't they
deadbeat
yes please
i want this so badly
this is a good idea
this should be added

i mean really, there are so many other sentences you could say :/

edit: see, it's easy

Wishy wrote:

I'm still suporting this but it feels it could be hard to get it done?
Topic Starter
Wishy
So what's the point of this filter? xd
Luna
This filter is stupid and pointless, seriously
It would make sense if you filter 1-word posts saying "supp-ort" or "+1" or whatever, but the word "supp-ort" is just way too common and useful to filter completely.
deadbeat

Wishy wrote:

So what's the point of this filter? xd
i think it's so you can be more constructive with your posts >_>
Topic Starter
Wishy
But I can still post any random shit like I LIKE THIS PLS ADD HEUUEUHEHUEUH SU PP O R T <333 THIS.

Really it makes no sense at all lol. Actually you could be doing some constructive post and you gotta go back and effing edit it because YOU USED THE WORD SU-PPORT.

What Luna says makes sense, but to some extent, if you limit posts by words I could do something like.

"Sup-port

43u210e2 10 d12j 0d312 j321j 021 dj9029j021 d90j21"

Just like people post stuff like this on many forums where your post must be at least 10 chars long:

"Word.

10 characters"
Marcin
I wonder how did I post support without warning, and no, it's not because I'm support team, you just need to write long sentence like this and it works, and trust me it works since I just write this to prove you it works (or at least works for me)
Topic Starter
Wishy
Support yes I want to try this because the support word is overpowered ok I think this a ai rsiahj ihjop fhjiossaef jhioewf jhioeaj fhiowaio9jfwqijofwaqjiof wqjoif wijqf ijowqf ijowqf ijoqf jiq.

Edit: Yes it works, makes sense now.
Oinari-sama
lol I didn't know such filter existed... since when?
Rei Hakurei
ummm why i can do it ? support!
deadbeat

Oinari-sama wrote:

lol I didn't know such filter existed... since when?
was added just recently

Rei Hakurei wrote:

ummm why i can do it ? support!
filter is to stop you from just saying support.
Rei Hakurei
i wonder.... why it didn't stop me..
Marcin
"Completed Requests"
Topic Starter
Wishy
You can't use the word support while trying to use the quick reply box.

Next post proving my point.
Topic Starter
Wishy
Support.