forum

How should I get feedback to get a map ranked?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MuzGas
I mapped a song with 7 difficulties ranging from ~3.3 to about 6.2. For reference, this is the map:

beatmapsets/1695893#osu/3465448

I am new to mapping but I generally have the gist of how osu mapping is since I am not exactly a new player. I was wondering how mappers actually go about getting feedback from the community if they could do any like last second checks before I put it up on the Pending section. I assume a good majority of them just check their map themselves, but since I am new I would like to have a second pair of eyes to double check that the map is okay and good to go.

Also I did read the rules on ranking criteria, but does anyone know about how long it takes to get a Nominator? Should I be asking Nominators already or should I just wait until I am sure it is all done. It would make sense to wait, but if it takes a long time to find them and I want this to be ranked then it would make sense for me to be trying to find one while I wait for someone.

Thank you for your help in advance!
WitherMite
you dont need to do anything before uploading to pending, its really just a label you can use to say you've finished the set.

as for the ranking process, you could technically get some friends to give 5 hype to your map and look for nominations right away, but you should really get some feedback in the form of mods first, since the chances are low that a BN will give the time of day to an unranked mapper with no mods on their set, and you may find that your set isnt as polished/rankable as you thought.

community/forums/60
read the subforum's rules and post your map in some modding queues to get some feedback.