forum

Beatmap Spotlights (Winter 2022) - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Venix

How's going, Spotlight rivals, Winter Season 2022 is finally here!

You can learn more about the Beatmap Spotlights and the Seasonal League on our wiki article.

With the new-and-improved Beatmap Spotlights system come a lot of changes, features and rewards that are yet to be implemented and up to discussion.

You can leave your impressions, feedback and criticism in this thread, so we can shape this system into the best it can ever be. You can suggest anything! Even game-changing feedbacks and what rewards you expect for next season.
Sleepteiner
The score system where combo is pretty much the only thing that matters is still wasting so much of people's time by forcing them to retry the start of the map over and over and over.

Slider accuracy and the lack of significant punishment for missing slider ends still undermines the mapper's intended way of playing their map on many of the maps picked.

It is great that the freemod score bonus, which was horribly unbalanced, is gone from the spotlights, but apparently that change applies to the whole game which is obviously very bad. But, chances are that that is just a temporary thing.

I assumed that one of the reasons the Spotlights were gone for so long was to wait for the scoring systems of the game to improve. To become enjoyable to play. I guess I shouldn't have been that optimistic.

At least the maps picked are fun. So, good job there.