forum

[resolved] Play it later™

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
Ever hear a song on Osu! you hear, but don't feel like playing at the time? That's where the Play it Later™ feature comes in.

A Play it later™ button could be available in solo play, multiplayer, and on the main menu.
Play it later™ would have a list of songs you chose to put in it.
The list could have an option to ether automatically remove played songs on the list, or only to manually remove the songs.

P.S. The ™ is a joke :P

P.S.S. The simplest temporary solution is to take a screenshot. Make sure you get the name of the song in the pic!
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86

strager wrote:

Add to favourites?
For clarification, Favorites A and B. o3o

Yes, that would be one of the easiest ways to do this.

Online though...You can just bookmark the beatmap on osu!.

Workarounds, workarounds...
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

strager wrote:

Add to favourites?
For clarification, Favorites A and B. o3o

Yes, that would be one of the easiest ways to do this.

Online though...You can just bookmark the beatmap on osu!.

Workarounds, workarounds...
2 Bookmarks is too few

Maybe if there was bookmark A-Z....
CheeseWarlock
No support from me; osu! is not a pile of post-it notes. There are plenty of ways to remember things yourself.
Derekku
You'll probably eventually play it anyway~ While I agree that this would be nice, I don't see it being super useful.

*insert list of workarounds here*
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X
where on earth did the delete this post option go...
Ekaru
The workarounds don't work for me, takes too much effort. I'd rather be able to click a button and have it added to a list to get to later, for convenience. I prefer using favorites for maps I actually like, and not ones I just need to check out later. I keep on forgetting what maps I was going to mod, so I download them and then forget about them, so this would be helpful to. Seriously, I don't know how many maps I've downloaded and forgotten to play and test and mod for people.

It's just adding beatmaps to a separate list. I don't see what the big deal is for asking for a feature like this that I would use for sure. :P +9001 support

So, to clarify;

-I don't use bookmarks much
-I don't really use Favorites A&B much, and when I do, it's for maps I actually like, and not just trying out since I've played quite a few maps with songs I liked, but slightly disappointing maps. A for general, B for franchises I like.
-This would be best implemented in the way Favorites are. That way it wouldn't clutter anything. Oh, and the map would disappear from the list once you've played it. That would probably work the best, methinks.
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

Ekaru wrote:

Oh, and the map would disappear from the list once you've played it. That would probably work the best, methinks.
I still think there should be an option for this, maybe in the options menu so it doesn't clutter up stuff
Gemi
The best option to allow people to keep track of theri favourites, maps that they'd like to play, maps that they need to mod, etc would probably be to allow players to customize the number of favourites groups that they have and rename them freely instead of having staticly Favourites A and Favourites B. This way everyone's related problems are solved.

This probably requires some restructuring and atleast some UI work, so I'd imagine peppy might not be doing this anytime soon even if he likes the idea, as it's not a major thing, but I think it would be worth it on the long run.
WyndII
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
benguin
Can this be marked as invalid/duplicate? It's basically asking for additional favorites folders to contain more lists of maps and that feature has already been requested. So instead of having feature requests for "let me make a list of songs for ~this~ purpose" and "let me make a list of songs for ~that~ purpose", the feature of "let me make multiple lists for maps for any purpose I desire" would suffice. If that wasn't the case, I'd be making a feature request for letting me make a list of maps that I play on relax mod while my family is asleep because my keytaps are too loud.
Archangel Tirael
I use favorites for this.
-------
Favorite A for maps, what I want FC or get a high place.
Favorite B for maps, what I want play later.
Online favorites for my favorite maps.
theowest
yeah, we already have a bunch of lists for this.

but as a Play it later list.. It could be nice to have. It's not specifically your favourite beatmaps, but maps you want to play later.
Saten
Favorite A/B & Online Favorites are enough imo
tarticulate
Or... just remember the name of the song.

Oh and btw why are we posting in this topic that's over 3 years old?
deadbeat

Saten wrote:

yup. i agree

SUPERSPEED6 wrote:

Oh and btw why are we posting in this topic that's over 3 years old?
superspeed is superslow /o/
t/104872
tarticulate

deadbeat wrote:

:( ok
Saten

NitcoGames wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

:( ok
You changed your name because you didn't live up to your name.

Anyway, adding this would only make people use it as "Favorite C" imo
tarticulate
I changed my name because I hated my old name.
Guujin

Saten wrote:

Meh I don't think so but oh well you could always just clone your osu! folder several times.

Client 1: Favorites A: AR9+DT, Favorites B: AR7+HRDT/AR10+DT.
Client 2: Favorites A: Decent DT maps, Favorites B: Crazy DT maps.
Client 3: Favorites A: Crazy nomod maps for with HR, Favorites B: Mini notes.

On top of that I need another client.
Currently too lazy to copy another folder since it takes time.
Nilsso

Guujin wrote:

Saten wrote:

Meh I don't think so but oh well you could always just clone your osu! folder several times.

Client 1: Favorites A: AR9+DT, Favorites B: AR7+HRDT/AR10+DT.
Client 2: Favorites A: Decent DT maps, Favorites B: Crazy DT maps.
Client 3: Favorites A: Crazy nomod maps for with HR, Favorites B: Mini notes.

On top of that I need another client.
Currently too lazy to copy another folder since it takes time.
How much GB does that take? meni ?
Guujin
Around the 300gb
Piotrekol

Guujin wrote:

Around the 300gb
why didn't you just "link" those folders to one "main" song folder(so all osu!'s will use same folder) ?
Guujin
Teach me please, master.
Piotrekol
run cmd as Admin

Windows 7 x64
simplified syntax:
mklink /D VIRTUAL_FOLDER_LOCATION REAL_FOLDER_LOCATION
virtual folder can't be already created while executing this command :>
show more