forum

Custom Frame Limiter lower than 120 fps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Dexus
I run the game on unlimited during gameplay then hardware limit it.

Pushing 120fps everywhere else just causes my laptop to be in pain especially in the song select.

If I could get it to limit at 58 fps and run at the hardware limited fps during gameplay I specified, my computer would run more efficiently.

There's no point in running past 60fps on a 60hz monitor when it's not needed. Granted it is needed during gameplay though where it counts!

Guide on hardware limiting fps
boat
CustomFrameLimit = x
Rei Hakurei
i remember CustomFrameLimit have it's lowest rate is 120, so Dexus basically want to remove that limit.
TheVileOne
You want 58 FPS. The built in 60 FPS limiter isn't good enough for this?

BTW I agree that values between 60 and 120 should be an option, but anything below 60 will be unplayable outside of taiko/mania..
Topic Starter
Dexus
You misread what I wrote, I said I run the FPS on unlimited (during gameplay). While browsing the menus it's pointless for me to be rendering 120+fps that it does. Limiting to 58 fps would be essentially like vsync but more stable.

While I play the game is running it at unlimited fps, but I go in and hardware limit it to 480 fps. Unlimited fps renders 2,000 + fps and can be highly unstable. It only gets 1ms delay compared to the stable and fluid 2ms I get with 480fps.

Let's recap, I run the game and browse the menus at 120 fps when I only need 60 fps. While I play it goes up to my hardware limited 480 fps. I can play just fine but the menus are really stuttery. (Especially the song select)

The solution would be to just have a lower custom frame limiter, since that is what the menu frame rates are set to with the unlimited (gameplay) option. I can not modify it to be lower than 120 fps because it locks at 120 and does not go lower.

I can hardware limit it to 58 fps and the menu is fine and everything is operable, but while playing the latency input is unplayable (20ms+ sometimes).
FrzR
I'm using 60fps Vsync. Didn't have much problems though. Have you tried it?
Topic Starter
Dexus
It gives a consistent 16.6ms delay. That's excluding any other delay to be factored in like windows itself, the monitor, the tablet. I'd rather not use it. Also vsync doesn't work when you're playing windowed like I do.
Aka
why not to just use unlimited lol?
ok, forget it D:
s0nolento
You will be able to limit the fps from the number 61 up in CustomFrameLimit = x in the cfg of your computer in the osu folder!
Refills

s0nolento wrote:

You will be able to limit the fps from the number 61 up in CustomFrameLimit = x in the cfg of your computer in the osu folder!

don't bump old thread smh