forum

I feel like i just can't get any better and i really suck at the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zozhko
I'm a 3.5-4* player and i've only started playing 4* maybe a month ago. The thing is that it took me like a few months to start playing 3* after i just started playing but now the progress is so miserable. It feels like i can't push myself any further.
When i'm trying to play high speed maps i can almost feel that my fingers just can't go any faster, it seems imposible to me. Also i can't really read well and i don't know how to improve my reading so if you have any tips on all of that it would be great if y'all could share it.
p.s.
I don't really want to blame my pc specs but currently i'm playing on a laptop with a 60hz monitor and a shitty keyboard but i don't think that i'm at the point where my devices really matter
Hoshimegu Mio
I had the same problems back then. It's totally normal. Even if you really can't push yourself any further, you can always start mapping :)
Topic Starter
zozhko

YyottaCat wrote:

I had the same problems back then. It's totally normal. Even if you really can't push yourself any further, you can always start mapping :)
yeah lol i've already mapped a few things and it is kinda fun. but man i'm just tired of being 'decent' and i want to be any better at smashing these keys than i am now so i guess the grindset is the only way lmao
maybe u could share your experience a bit more so i could decide if i either just need a break or really start tryharding
Hoshimegu Mio

zozhko wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

yeah lol i've already mapped a few things and it is kinda fun. but man i'm just tired of being 'decent' and i want to be any better at smashing these keys than i am now so i guess the grindset is the only way lmao
maybe u could share your experience a bit more so i could decide if i either just need a break or really start tryharding
Taking breaks is usually a good idea.
midgy
you kinda hit the breakpoint where improvement takes a sudden turn from simply playing more to having to focus on what you can play and pushing bit by bit, instead of just trying to play more try to have certain maps as "goals" that you come back to every week or so to check progress also the rate changer is the most important tool ever for improvment cause it lets you make any file in the game the right difficulty for you.
try to download lots of the "training" packs in the game they'll have tonnes of stuff tailored towards specific skillsets so you can try work on them more, things like : jumpstream/stamina beatmapsets/547197
chordjacks beatmapsets/474257
speed/tech beatmapsets/770298
jack speed beatmapsets/471848
tech/speed beatmapsets/1110278