forum

[Archived] Frame drops and in-game lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheeStruggler
Problem details: Recently, I tried changing the game's resolution to 1600x1024 from 1920x1080 and this led to me dropping from consistent sub 0.8 ms to jittering anywhere between from 1.2 to 12. My frames have also dropped as a result, from the max 240(from which I never dropped during maps) to 120-40. I've read the help forum information and tried everything it said could help and nothing changed, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and that didn't help, tried playing with fewer maps, without a skin. Ofc I also tried returning the resolution back up, played on stable, tried compatibility mode, and tried turning full screen on and off whenever I changed something. Overall I was quite thorough when testing and trying to fix whatever is wrong and I think I exhausted most if not all conventional solutions found on the forums and on the internet. Thanks in advance!

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://imgur.com/a/OAEfhLi
this is to show just how it affected(ms only) one screenshot is recent and the other isn't.

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20220109
THAT_otaku
Did you make any other noteable to changes to osu/your system/your pc around the same time? Quite strange for osu to kill itself after just changing the res.

- Try disabling any overlays you might have (like overwolf and discord) and any other applications and see if that helps.
- Generally despite what a lot of people say, full screen and native resolution often provide the best performance so I'd set it back to that.
- Make sure your frame limiter is set to optimal/unlimited.
- Try toggling compatibility mode, perhaps you accidentally clicked it in settings.
- Could have a mess around with your graphics driver settings for osu and make sure they're all optimized, if you dont know what something in there does though itd be best not to touch it. Most noteable in the graphics driver settings, make sure vsync is off.
- Have a monitor of task manager while playing and see if theres anything unusual
Topic Starter
TheeStruggler

THAT_otaku wrote:

Did you make any other noteable to changes to osu/your system/your pc around the same time? Quite strange for osu to kill itself after just changing the res.

- Try disabling any overlays you might have (like overwolf and discord) and any other applications and see if that helps.
- Generally despite what a lot of people say, full screen and native resolution often provide the best performance so I'd set it back to that.
- Make sure your frame limiter is set to optimal/unlimited.
- Try toggling compatibility mode, perhaps you accidentally clicked it in settings.
- Could have a mess around with your graphics driver settings for osu and make sure they're all optimized, if you dont know what something in there does though itd be best not to touch it. Most noteable in the graphics driver settings, make sure vsync is off.
- Have a monitor of task manager while playing and see if theres anything unusual
Thanks dude, I recently cleaned my keyboard so I tried unplugging it and the game has become as clean as it was but I'll have a play session now to see if it reverts to it or not.