forum

[Archived] Random Osu Crashes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
izokiaa
Problem details:
Having issues trying to get Osu! to work on my new PC. Opens and crashes at random times throughout playing. Not sure where to look or what to do. An error log given is shown below. Anything helps

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
- System

- Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2022-01-23T07:56:42.3501889Z

EventRecordID 1869

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 3412
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer LiamPC

Security

- EventData

Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.SwapBuffers(IntPtr) at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.SwapBuffers() at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext.SwapBuffers() at #=zd3CMWNLdfwvNzZSU4afPu$M=.#=ziw$Vvi1GG9$S() at #=z$SIKNA8X$0ym883QoNOULHEmhZ4c.#=ziw$Vvi1GG9$S() at #=z5bRrrUrb4x4op5fN0g==.#=zSRiXRj8=() at #=zIWJQFRJwjmEGZ1_Xeg==.#=zqhv4WD7mRfJa(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=z1oJEWyDH1cpDSflTMigmwZo=.#=zy7cwBuY=(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zxtclNqWrsKlXmtCsrnTkmiY=.#=ztJ9mmh9D31cTUKES3A==(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form) at #=zxtclNqWrsKlXmtCsrnTkmiY=.#=z4PamxBo=() at #=zIWJQFRJwjmEGZ1_Xeg==.#=z4PamxBo=() at #=zeA78RnBxoOULL9FBFw==.#=zJx1lzJevFfgA(System.String, Boolean, Boolean) at #=zeA78RnBxoOULL9FBFw==.#=z6x$h_S8=(System.String[]) at #=zeA78RnBxoOULL9FBFw==.#=zbNsMZJk=() at #=qdoamyNxag0T0NOHXwhqTnA_XRSAJbZgq68YTMcwwrZg=.#=zYTGOAe4=()

osu! version: Stable 20220101.1 (latest)
Death
Did you install the drivers for your graphics card? They may need to be reinstalled if you did. Seems like that's what's causing issues.
Topic Starter
izokiaa

Death wrote:

Did you install the drivers for your graphics card? They may need to be reinstalled if you did. Seems like that's what's causing issues.
Reinstalled my drivers and it seems to have fixed the issues as far as I can tell. Thanks for the help.

[EDIT] NVM played 20 minutes and all was seemingly well, then more crashes
Blushing
Was it a reinstall or did you just update the drivers?

If it is the latter then it may not have fixed the issue.

Try finding the crash log again:

If you need help locating the crash log in the event viewer then the link below can help

wiki/en/Help_centre#event-viewer
Topic Starter
izokiaa
I uninstalled the drivers and had them reinstalled. I notice that I have an update for the drivers. I'll get back to you if that fixes anything.

(By uninstalling I mean going into device manager, uninstalling the graphics driver there, and restarting the PC)

[EDIT] Updated drivers did not solve the issue. Will try uninstalling a reinstalling osu...

[EDIT 2] found the source of the issue. My intel(R) UHD Graphics 750 is causing the crashes. With it disabled I can play with no trouble. With it on is where the trouble comes into play. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Disabling it while I play is my only option, however, I can no longer stream with that disabled. I lose a lot from doing this

[EDIT 3] Compatability mode completely solves this issue and the game can be played without any crashes, yet it is still annoying to not know why the crashes occur.
amoungus134
Hi can you help me? Whenever I input a beatmap and go to solo osu crashes
Death

amoungus134 wrote:

Hi can you help me? Whenever I input a beatmap and go to solo osu crashes
Make a new thread please.

izokiaa wrote:

[EDIT 3] Compatability mode completely solves this issue and the game can be played without any crashes, yet it is still annoying to not know why the crashes occur.
Because this is most likely some sort of driver issue still. Compatibility mode changes the graphics renderer.
Topic Starter
izokiaa
I see, I'll continue to look into it.