forum

Does the osu! Community Scare you?

posted
Total Posts

From a scale of 1 to 10; how scared/afraid are you of the osu! community?

1 - Being really scared the osu! community
27.97%
2.54%
4.24%
5.08%
13.56%
3.39%
6.78%
5.93%
2.54%
10 - Being really brave about the osu! community
27.97%
Total votes: 118
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi
It scares me for some weird reason :oops: but I like osu! and its own community in some ways! :)
I mean like; every post I made and someone replying to it, that gets me scared/freaked out.
/edit I forgot to add this:
I always do feel that every post I make I feel I grow some confidence into the osu! community. :)
Wait.. I meant before, I'm perfectly happy and do feel that the osu! community is nice but it makes me feel scared.

(You know now, that I look at this post... is it a positive post or a negative post?)
Starry-
yes
everyone is scary ;-;
mathexpert
It can be a bit intimidating at first, but I do my part by posting as many moe gifs as possible :3

Nothing to be scared about though, it's just the internet –
although I suppose if you usually use facebook, etc than forums are a different experience
cheesiest
so pretty much this thread's poll is proof that a 1-10 rating system is flawed after 3 votes
Trust
red names haunt my dreams ><
dkun

Trust wrote:

red names haunt my dreams ><
i'm friendly, I swear
;~;
Ideolo
I feel terrified but I can't stop coming back.
DaddyCoolVipper
Yes, it does. The things some people have done... disgusting.
Kitsunemimi
Naturally, I do my best to scare off anyone who comes in my way whom I haven't known for 3 years already~

Although, I have to ask something.
If you're so scared of the osu! community, then why would you go out of your way to make a thread literally directed at the osu! community of which is what makes you scared in the first place...? :/ If you get nervous with making posts, why make an entire thread describing the way you specifically feel....?

If you're scared because you get bad feedback often, then maybe you should try to think about what you're doing in the first place. The easiest way to avoid being antagonized (and gaining confidence imo) is being able to look like you know exactly what you're doing. It's probably kind of hard to do at first, but as you get used to it, you build confidence. Also, it helps to not be a 13 year old.
FrzR
I really hate those people who ask in #osu how to play this game without even giving a damn to read the FAQs, or even the tutorial. ><
YunoFanatic
im friendly until i post pics
uzzi
I don't really get involved with the community per se. Maybe join a tournament here when there is one, but that's really it. I guess I don't really have a reason to be scared with it.
BeatofIke
OMG when I first join osu! I was extremely scared to even chat and post on the forums, because I thought someone is going to either troll report me or a moderator was going to ban me on sight, even if I didn't do anything wrong. I immediately log out of osu! when I spot one orz. Thankfully today, I'm still a bit nervous to chat to a moderator unless if they are my friend, but I'm more confident than before when a random player or moderator happens to chat with me.

To be honest, osu! was the first friendly forum I ever visited and I feel comfortable here. I strongly apologize if I happened to somehow offend you guys in any way. This is just me trying to control my fear (I'm just really scared). I'm a really friendly person, so please don't be afraid to chat with me. :D
Ephemeral
ALL OF YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR SACRILEGE
Apex_old
You don't fuck with them, they don't fuck with you.

The only flaw is the newfags, but luckily they are not much of a threat due to moderators.
MMzz
I am fearful
Raose
don't worry i'm pretty friendly

dkun

Raose wrote:

don't worry i'm pretty friendly

SapphireGhost
words
I agree that the community can be intimidating at times. As a newcomer, it takes some adjusting to get used to it. After some time though, you will find that most of the people here are friendly enough and usually quite interesting. As BeatofIke said, it will eventually feel comfortable.

Trust

that blanket
show more