forum

How to add a new difficulty to someone's beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
I wanna know how to modding other people's beatmap. Is there any FAQ of it?
tieff
How modding? Hmm... Don't know about other people, but...
1. Play map.
2. Timing mod.
3. Spacing mod. All or almost all note should be snaped or something like that.
4. Hitsounds mode.

And if you don't find any mistakes, just give few suggestions.
RemmyX25
I was actually considering writing up a guide for modding.... maybe i should get on that >.>
Gens

RemmyX25 wrote:

I was actually considering writing up a guide for modding.... maybe i should get on that >.>
That would be good, yeah.

Just check the map through edit, test it, and point out anything that felt wrong for you. That is basic modding.

Advanced modding is checking the whole map, song setup, timing, hitsounds, storyboard, etc. for anything possibly wrong.

Oh god I don't want to see this thread to be converted to "How do you mod?" instead of "How to mod?"... So I suggest lock.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Is adding a new difficulty with [VanMoNky's Hard] or something like that called modding..?
Starrodkirby86
Nope, that's just adding a guest difficulty into a beatmap.

Modding has to look over the difficulties the beatmap already has. If there's something that needs fixing or something that can be better, etc. etc. you post about it. Look around in the forums for various mod posts (Or in very active BATs' past posts) and learn from them.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Oh, my bad! It's not modding. I mean, how to add a new difficulty to someone's beatmap..?
Jarby

VanMoNky wrote:

Oh, my bad! It's not modding. I mean, how to add a new difficulty to someone's beatmap..?
It's best to ask them if they want or need your difficulty first, but assuming it's finished:

From the edit menu; File>Open Song Folder. Now, within that song folder, find the .osu for the difficulty you've made for that beatmap, for example
SPOILER
'C:\Program Files\osu!\Songs\Hisaka Yoko - Don't say lazy (Full ver)\Hisaka Yoko - Don't say lazy (Full ver.) (DJPop) [Jar's TAG2].osu'

Now, go to that beatmap's thread and reply. Scroll down to 'Upload attachment' and click 'Browse...'. Go to the location of the difficulty that you were looking at a minute ago and upload it to the thread. The mapper will then decide whether or not to add it to the beatmap.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
OWH YES I LOVE THE ANSWER!
Thanks so much!