forum

Save time snapping advisor in the .osu [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
rust45
You know how the distance spacing advisor for a map is saved in the .osu, well why not the time snapping advisor, this way modders can know which advisor a mapper used and can use that information help mod the map.
Zekira
At first I was wondering what the hell 'advisor' was, but whatever...

...I don't think it's necessary. I mean, if the modder notices that notes don't fall on 1/4s, they can just switch to 1/8s or 1/6s to see it unless the mapper intentionally mapped it to >1/8
Derekku
Yeah, I really don't see this necessary. Most maps don't use snaps beyond 1/2 or 1/4th anyway. I always keep mine on 1/2 and only switch if needed.
CheeseWarlock
Disagree; there are only a few options and it should be pretty obvious which one the map uses.
K2J
I'm supporting this. Small addition, low priority, makes it so I don't have to switch between 1/6 and 1/4 timing when switching maps. Pretty much the same reasons for the .osu saving the distance snap value.
Kitsunemimi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi

Harris73 wrote:

I always use 1/8th snap even if all the notes are on the 1/2 beat. Plus, why would anybody need to know the time snapping? People time snap based on the music, not based on how other people snap them.

very bad way of mapping.

ontopic: i dont really support this i find it not usefull
Matma Rex
Bump.

I agree with K2J:

K2J wrote:

Makes it so I don't have to switch between 1/6 and 1/4 timing when switching maps. Pretty much the same reasons for the .osu saving the distance snap value.
foulcoon
May not be useful, but I guess it kinda makes sense. Do we really need to add another line to the .osu file?
peppy
Added this.
Also saved grid size before people ask for that.