forum

[duplicate] Osu! Relay of four modes.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Arrival
Hi everyone ! I know the title is not very clear, but this is an idea who came in my minde when i watched the relay medley in the World Championships of Natation, a few weeks ago.

What is it exactly ?
Alright now i think you don't really understand what i mean isn't it ?
I'll try to be as clear as possible.
So it would be a mode on Multiplayer, that we can choose in lobbies.
It would opposeTWO TEAMS with FOUR PLAYERS by team. One map would be divided in 4 PARTS :
The first part on Standard Osu! mode, a second part on Taiko Mode, the third on Catch The Beat Mode, and the fourth on Osu!Mania mode.
Each team would choose among their 4 players, one player for the Standard Mode, one player for Taiko, one player for CTB and the last for mania.
The battle would so begin, opposing the two players of Standard Osu! Mode (one for each team). The Six Others would be waiting for their turns and be warned when their turn would arrive.
The two players of Standard Mode plays, and at the end of the first quarter of the map, the players of each team would change : it's time for the two taiko players to face each other. The two standard Osu§ mode Protagonists would wait until the end of the map, spectating the others.
At the end of the first half of the map, the players would change again for the CTB's turn. And finally, at the end of the fourth quarter, Mania player would take the final relay. The Team with the most points at the end of the map would win.

The advantages of this Game Mode
First of all : This would be funnier to comment for the commentators and more interesting to watch for the spectators ! I mean, now you've got all the modes of Osu! combined in a single one ! Isn't that freaking amazing HUEHUEHUE
Then: A bit more equality of play between all the modes. Seeing the modes are now equal, by combining them all into one single mode, we would see more spread of players between Std/Taiko/CTB/Mania and an improvement of the level of play for Taiko/Mania/CTB.
Futhermore: We would see really the QUINTESSENCEof osu in the World cup, because each country would take his best player of each mode to play.
Finally : The screen between the team splits now in TWO PARTS for the commentator, because only TWO PLAYERS play in the same time, not eight !!It would be a lot greater to see only two players a time, instead of 8 little squares.

The issues of this game mode
Yeah, there are some problems to correct of course.
First : The point difference between all the modes. You know that Taiko scores a lot less point than the Standard, so it would be less important to have a good player of taiko than a good player of Standard. it's the same for Mania, and its HardCap of 1 Million point.
Possible solution for this : We count one point for each "victory" of mode. It's not clear so: The Standard player who won against his mate in the other team provide one point for his team, the taiko player who won against the other taiko player give one point at the team too, etc. But it can give a score of 2-2, if 2 players of a team win, and it would be a tie.
Another possible solution: Change the scoring for these game modes IN THIS MODE (Relay) ONLY : All the modes would have the same way to count their points, like the mania way : 1 Million at its maximum. Or the Standard way : use the combos to make the score getting higher and higher. But some people wouldn't be happy about playing their favourite mode with another way of scoring. Feel free to ask a precision about this if you don't understand what i mean.
Then it's necessary to start with the Standard player, we just can't make it play second/Third or Fourth, because he would start playing at the middle of a pattern ! So he needs to start the map. The other modes don't have this problem because they aren't really using all the space of the screen.
I really really think we should try to find a solution for this issue together, because it can be so fun to play it with friends !
If you find other issues, tell it in the comments !

Thanks for reading, and i hope you like this idea ! Have a nice day. (Night for Europe and Asia o/)
Marcin
t/15205 Similar?
t/148668
Or this, unsure.
Topic Starter
Arrival
Oh well yeah effectively, i didn't saw them, but i think i precised a bit more than these two posts the way it can be played. Then it was 4 years ago, mania was added.
Anyway, if moderators think it should be wastelanded, then they should so.