forum

is it just me?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qwt
does anyone put emotion into mapping, i only choose songs that bring sentimentality to me, sentimentality at least for me brings sadness, in all honesty i can only like songs that bring sentimentality to me.

i export my sadness into mapping as it's the only way i can get rid of it, sports, outdoors, nothing helps, and nothing makes me happy.

my little brother spilt water on my laptop a year ago which caused it to short circuit the GPU fan, therefore; making it unusable without a risk of it overheating and destroying my laptop, i'm to broke to fix it, can't work yet, don't have the money to start anything, and my parents don't want to get me anything new.

i haven't been able to map or in general just do what i do on my laptop that makes me happy so i've been even more sad, i'm unhappy with life and wish i can return to the past.

i'm not computer creature, i do alot of physical activity and have alot of friends ,yet
i can't ever feel happy.

i wanted to share this somewhere but i have nowhere to so...
i guess here?
lewski
That's really rough, hope things get better for you

Personally I try to make my maps reflect the vibe I get from the song, which is sort of related to emotion but not really the same thing. I think my approach is also fundamentally different from yours; it's more about showing what the song means to me through the map, rather than putting something into the map.

I also map all kinds of songs, not just those that I get sentimental about. In fact, those are actually harder for me to map than other songs, since when the song is important to me I'm way more critical of the map, plus I think the things I want to convey get more complicated as well. There are also some songs that evoke such strong feelings in me that I can't map them at all, since at that point I just want to concentrate on the song and the things it's making me feel and think about instead of circles and sliders.
WitherMite

lewski wrote:

That's really rough, hope things get better for you

Personally I try to make my maps reflect the vibe I get from the song, which is sort of related to emotion but not really the same thing. I think my approach is also fundamentally different from yours; it's more about showing what the song means to me through the map, rather than putting something into the map.

I also map all kinds of songs, not just those that I get sentimental about. In fact, those are actually harder for me to map than other songs, since when the song is important to me I'm way more critical of the map, plus I think the things I want to convey get more complicated as well. There are also some songs that evoke such strong feelings in me that I can't map them at all, since at that point I just want to concentrate on the song and the things it's making me feel and think about instead of circles and sliders.
yea, there are songs I avoid purely because I know I cant give it a good enough map yet.