forum

[Archived] Osu! randomly goes to low fps and high input lag until next alt+tab

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
t0oken
(I am not a native english speaker so I apologize for bad english)

Problem details:
I bought a new pc few months before and sometimes when I play osu my fps gets from 1000fps to around 140 with high mouse input lag. Only fix I found is just alt+tabing basicly everytime this happens but it gets really annoying getting this in middle of play. Anyone has same or similiar issue? I suspect that the problem might be Windows 11 but still not sure about that.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/a/VpCUUgs (not sure how to upload there an image so just uploaded to imgur)

osu! version: Stable 20211225 (latest)

PC specs:
Nvidia GTX 1660s
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
osu! running on 500gb nvme ssd
8 GB DDR4 ram (I dont think these last 2 will have any mater in problem)

What have I tried?:
- Disabling fullscreen optimization
- Running clean OS (running Windows 11 lastest official build)
- Playing with settings in OSU (that means compatibility mode etc.)
Blushing
If you haven’t looked through the link below, I’d check there before anything else.

wiki/en/Performance_Troubleshooting
Nukrid
Along with the performance troubleshooting guide Blushing posted, try disabling Focus Assist on your Windows settings, it usually gives me some performance issues related to alt tabbing.
Topic Starter
t0oken

Blushing wrote:

If you haven’t looked through the link below, I’d check there before anything else.

wiki/en/Performance_Troubleshooting
I tried everything there but still doing the same.

Nukrid wrote:

Along with the performance troubleshooting guide Blushing posted, try disabling Focus Assist on your Windows settings, it usually gives me some performance issues related to alt tabbing.
I never had that turned on.
SWAT
This is happening to me too. 2070 super, 3700x, 16gb ram. Runs every game max settings 60+ fps no problems ever. When it's being good I have .5ms response and max 960 fps. Then it randomly goes to 100 fps and 7ms response until I tab out then sometimes even mid play it's been doing it. SUPER annoying, tried all the settings in game and it still does it. Anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: When I have .5ms response and 960 fps my GPU sits at about 40% and then it spikes to 100% when it's being bad. What is causing this? It's not any other programs.
Blushing

SWAT wrote:

This is happening to me too. 2070 super, 3700x, 16gb ram. Runs every game max settings 60+ fps no problems ever. When it's being good I have .5ms response and max 960 fps. Then it randomly goes to 100 fps and 7ms response until I tab out then sometimes even mid play it's been doing it. SUPER annoying, tried all the settings in game and it still does it. Anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: When I have .5ms response and 960 fps my GPU sits at about 40% and then it spikes to 100% when it's being bad. What is causing this? It's not any other programs.
Please make your own thread. This way we can organize it better, your issue may not be the same.

t0oken wrote:

Did you have windows 10 at all before windows 11. If so, did you experience anything weird like this with the install when playing on win10? There might be a chance for you to rollback your update version to a win10. I am not sure if this is the best course but from what I have seen win11 and osu! seem to not want to work together for whatever reason. I'd suggest checking all the windows settings to make sure there isn't anything funky in there also skewing your performance.
Topic Starter
t0oken

t0oken wrote:

Blushing wrote:

Did you have windows 10 at all before windows 11. If so, did you experience anything weird like this with the install when playing on win10? There might be a chance for you to rollback your update version to a win10. I am not sure if this is the best course but from what I have seen win11 and osu! seem to not want to work together for whatever reason. I'd suggest checking all the windows settings to make sure there isn't anything funky in there also skewing your performance.
Only Windows 11 on new PC.
yuuutsu_03
Well I have the same problem on win11. Maybe osu! has not adapted yet to this system?
MishiroOsu
Any fixes yet?

Edit : Fixed mine by toggling compatibility mode, however I cant alt tab normally