forum

[Archived] I want to make a copy of all my collection maps ONLY (save the map folder)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WuckFeebs
Edit: If you want the solution, you just have to copy all the maps manually, one by one.... Nobody has said anything so there is no script for this

I want to make a copy (save) all my collection maps only
Does that make sense?
I want to save all the maps in my collections (the map folders)
I have 8000 maps but only 600 in my collections
How can I make a copy only of them? Without searching in osu!\songs\ directory and copying every single one by hand? (That will take soooooooo long!!!!!)

I have tried: Osu Discord (they dont help)
osu! Collection Editior (Doesn't have the option)
osu! Collection Manager (Doesn't load the maps, Discord invite doesn't work)
Blushing
If you just want the copy of what your collections are right now, you can copy the collections.db file in the osu! Folder and paste/copy it somewhere else on your computer to save if they get lost or if you want to export it to a friend.
Topic Starter
WuckFeebs

Blushing wrote:

paste/copy it somewhere else on your computer to save if they get lost or if you want to export it to a friend.
I dont understand?!?!?!

I think you're telling me something else that I don't need to do
Blushing
From my understanding of your OP, you want to save/copy your collections. I told you how to copy your collections (I.e. the collections.db) I’m not sure what else you expect. If you want to export the collections to a friend so they have your collections then you just need a way for you to upload it to the internet, and then they need to download it and replace their own collections.db.

If you just want a save/copy of your collections then just store the copy of the collections.db somewhere else on your computer but leave the original in the osu! Folder.

I may be misunderstanding but then explain it a different way.
Topic Starter
WuckFeebs

Blushing wrote:

From my understanding of your OP, you want to save/copy your collections. I told you how to copy your collections (I.e. the collections.db) I’m not sure what else you expect. If you want to export the collections to a friend so they have your collections then you just need a way for you to upload it to the internet, and then they need to download it and replace their own collections.db.

If you just want a save/copy of your collections then just store the copy of the collections.db somewhere else on your computer but leave the original in the osu! Folder.

I may be misunderstanding but then explain it a different way.
I have said the map folders. Thanks for reading!
Death
What you want to do is not possible without using some sort of external tool (that probably doesn't exist).
Topic Starter
WuckFeebs

Death wrote:

What you want to do is not possible without using some sort of external tool (that probably doesn't exist).
I'm aware, just waiting for some replies with some program or a script if someone has done it
Uncompletet
If you want to copy your entire collection list (with all the collection names and stuff included) then you only have to go to your osu direction. And then there is a file that is named collection. You only have to copy that somewhere where you can save it. You cant only safe the maps, only the collection in the entire
iRumble
If anyone else ends up here searching for a solution, this is possible with nzbasics Collection Helper. Here's the tools github page https://github.com/nzbasic/Collection-Helper