forum

[resolved] Display highest rank achieved on beatmaps, not last rank

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
nusaik
I suppose it's a small thing but it would be easy to do.

I find it pretty annoying myself that when I finally get an S score, I can never play the beatmap again because if I get a lower rank it will remove the S from the beatmap and display a different (lower) letter.

I don't know what the whole point is of displaying the last rank achieved, since it doesn't mean anything. If your highest rank ever is displayed, you get a sense of achievement, having your beatmap list filled with A's and S's etc.

Hope this doesn't sound too whiny, but it really is a big deal for me. I want to play my awesome beatmaps, but I don't want to ruin my displayed ranks.

Thanks ^^
[Kanzaki Ranko]
It's not the last rank achieved. It's your high score's rank.
Topic Starter
nusaik

Maav wrote:

Not on my osu! o.o

If I finish a map with 1.000.000 points and S rank, and then play it again and finish it with 300.000 points and C rank, it displays C next to the beatmap name. I just tested it.

Is my osu! bugged then?
[Kanzaki Ranko]

nusaik wrote:

Maav wrote:

Not on my osu! o.o

If I finish a map with 1.000.000 points and S rank, and then play it again and finish it with 300.000 points and C rank, it displays C next to the beatmap name. I just tested it.

Is my osu! bugged then?
Probably. o3o
Unless the 1m score was a local score and the 300k one was submitted. In that case, this happens.
Marcin
It SHOULD show your best rank, please change to Global Ranking, and see if it still occurs. Maybe your best score didn't get submitted?
Nathanael
I think this is a bug for local ranking.

I played an unranked beatmap with different mods. [ No recorded local scores ]

The first rank I got was Silver S since I've enabled the Hidden mod. Well since its the first score, it should display the rank of that.
Next is with no mods. I got 2nd and the rank was Gold S. It displayed the latest play rank replacing the silver S.

Or am I just imagining it... =.=
TheVileOne
This is unusual behavior. It should already do this.

Does this behavior still happen?

Was the unranked map updated before submitting the new score?
Topic Starter
nusaik
I'm sorry, but I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. How do I submit a score? Is it done automatically?

It appears switching to global rankings fixes the problem. However, I suck at OSU so global rankings are meaningless to me. I don't really care about knowing that I'm #4.356 on a beatmap :)
Marcin
Submitting score is automatic when you're playing ranked maps (the one allowing you to see global ranking).
Winshley
Previously it used to do what the OP mentioned (at least around early last year). Now it updates everytime you passed a map unless the game knows your current online ranking grade (open Global Ranking at least once to make osu! remember your ranking grade).
Nathanael

TheVileOne wrote:

Does this behavior still happen?
It no longer happens to me. I don't know if others still experience it
peppy
This should never happen. Please report as a bug if it is acting this way.
Blood Beat
still happening to me and its annoying x :) hope patch soon