forum

Osu Direct: Sort by Beatmap Creator? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
I was DL'ing songs through Direct and thought it would be a lot more user friendly if a person could view a list of all songs created by a particular author. Say an added option in display, and the searcher types in the Author's username.

Just an idea though, and probably a low priority topic right now :) at any rate, keep up the good work, peppy!
0_o
just type the name of the author in the search field
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
I know that; However, I think that operates on the tags a person adds to their beatmap. What I'm thinking of is a function which operates on the author itself, not tags.
0_o
Not sure what you mean, yes it does search tags, but if you search for an author, all of their maps will show up. Unless you mean search method where it only searches authors and not tags, but I don't really see the point =/
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
That's what I mean, and yes, it sounds stupid, cause most people DO put their username in the tags, but I've found that a few I look for through direct aren't there when I look for them.

Simple solution: Author search. but hey, it's not particularly important, just a nitpicky detail :)
LuigiHann

Azure_Kyte wrote:

cause most people DO put their username in the tags
No they don't. :? I don't know why anyone would do that, since it would be completely redundant. Website search and osuDirect search will include the mapper field when searching.

If you search a username and find some of that author's maps but not all of them, you've found a weird fluke (or you have the missing maps downloaded already)