1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings

show more
posted
seems normal to what i can see on the tracker's backend... about 200 connects per minute are a normal frequency, regular update-time of the utorrent-client is 5 minutes, so i guess we are dealing with minimum 1k downloaders! that's pretty impressive! if you are able to get 2-4MB/s this is a lot of work for your torrent client as well! eventually you can try to increase the maximum connects per torrent in your settings.
posted

my settings are on the wild side (it crashes my uTorrent on 70+ MB/s upload rate....)
posted
i don't know how to get an upload of more than 60MB/s at all... only my raid may be able to handle such a speed... but crazily i don't even have the internet upload to even test that properly
posted
If my VPS provider do limit bittorrent, it's only upstream. Down seems fine.
Tried the Linux Mint torrent:


The connections flags suggest that it's allowing incoming connections so it's not a firewall issue, I think... eg:


I'll have to test more... maybe I'll try another client (currently using rTorrent currently which has a good rep)

@freakkater
I can hit around 16-17MB/s down on popular torrents at home :P

Edit: IDK... Left is server, right is at home. My server is contributing very little to me. Maybe my ISP's peering just sucks. http://puu.sh/cMIUb/945e82a2cb.png
posted

freakkater wrote:

i don't know how to get an upload of more than 60MB/s at all... only my raid may be able to handle such a speed... but crazily i don't even have the internet upload to even test that properly
mine is a RAID-backed 200 GB virtual hard disk on Xen (provided by the hosting company)
i also do regular disk defragmenting (and after any download) to maintain high speed reading/writing to hard disk
posted

chong601 wrote:

freakkater wrote:

i don't know how to get an upload of more than 60MB/s at all... only my raid may be able to handle such a speed... but crazily i don't even have the internet upload to even test that properly
mine is a RAID-backed 200 GB virtual hard disk on Xen (provided by the hosting company)
i also do regular disk defragmenting (and after any download) to maintain high speed reading/writing to hard disk
so i guess a raid1-5-1 or similar... high speed and maximum security... nothing i could build up at home xDD
posted
looks like these few days the number of users downloading using seedbox is going up...


it it goes on till my quota reaches 3.5 TB... i will tune down the upload speed till end of the month....
posted
I'm doing what I can to help....
posted
recently shit happens and lost all of my osu songs, glad this torrent exist. download is quite fast, going steady- thanks for this c: gw
posted
Hi! Thanks doing wonderful job like this! Just wondering that does these normal Beatmap Packs have all osu! ranked beatmaps to this date? Or is there known that some beatmaps are in these so I could download those one by one? Thanks!

Oh and if I want to download these packs as fast as possible should I download 1-100 ones first? Because those seemed to come faster than 1-300 one for me.

EDIT

Downloaded 1-100, 101-200 and 201-300 seperately and those came really fast! I also downloaded
osu! Beatmap Packs 0361 0370, osu! Beatmap Packs 0351 0360, osu! Beatmap Packs 0341 0350, osu! Beatmap Packs 0331 0340, osu! Beatmap Packs 0321-0330, osu! Beatmap Packs 0311-0320, osu! Beatmap Packs 0301-0310
and got all of these in 2-3 hours. I can't nothing but recommend using these torrents if you have at least few megabytes connection (mine is 100/10).

Only minus is that site was offline for one hour. Maybe because of heavy usage. But still... it was fixed pretty fast! Thanks mate doing this for us!
posted
the downtime of my website (kater.selfhost.me) is due to a problem with the ISP and their DNS-Management. i wrote a script to update the DNS, updated it every 5 minutes and got blocked because of too many times of updates. i had to edit it down to 1 hour wait each update and the reconnect each day is working, but only if the site is not under actual use. theirfor it can depend on when it will go down. but main downtime (i sometimes install updates then) is beetween 5pm and 6pm CEST
posted
thank you for torrent, i was without maps and it helped me alot :)
posted

Therieri wrote:

Hi! Thanks doing wonderful job like this! Just wondering that does these normal Beatmap Packs have all osu! ranked beatmaps to this date? Or is there known that some beatmaps are in these so I could download those one by one? Thanks!

Oh and if I want to download these packs as fast as possible should I download 1-100 ones first? Because those seemed to come faster than 1-300 one for me.

EDIT

Downloaded 1-100, 101-200 and 201-300 seperately and those came really fast! I also downloaded
osu! Beatmap Packs 0361 0370, osu! Beatmap Packs 0351 0360, osu! Beatmap Packs 0341 0350, osu! Beatmap Packs 0331 0340, osu! Beatmap Packs 0321-0330, osu! Beatmap Packs 0311-0320, osu! Beatmap Packs 0301-0310
and got all of these in 2-3 hours. I can't nothing but recommend using these torrents if you have at least few megabytes connection (mine is 100/10).

Only minus is that site was offline for one hour. Maybe because of heavy usage. But still... it was fixed pretty fast! Thanks mate doing this for us!
1-300 pack has been limited to 512KB/s to reduce the bandwidth usage (reaching 10+ MB/s at peak and will finish up my quota if left unattended)

I am currently seeding all beatmap packs 1-370 (all big packs+smaller packs for pack 300 and up)

I am able to provide up to 50 MB/s guaranteed and burst rate up to 100 MB/s depending on the hosting provider and the hard disk rate since I am currently using virtual dedicated servers so throughput is kinda lower than a dedicated.

Note!: My server quota has only 100 GB left so all torrents are capped at 512KB/s till the end of the month (since my quota gets reset every 30th day of the month

[Suzuya Juuzou] wrote:

thank you for torrent, i was without maps and it helped me alot :)
Great to hear that! Hope you can seed it back (within your capability ;) )
posted
Oh okey I understand. Well luckily it's almost end of month. But to be honest I'm sure I couldn't get those beatmaps from elsewhere so fast than here. So I don't anything bad to say of those speeds.

And once again thanks doing this. You have helped much people like. I'll seed packs which I downloaded always when I can.
posted
cool thing° the more who upload, the faster it gets to download ;-)
posted

Therieri wrote:

Oh okey I understand. Well luckily it's almost end of month. But to be honest I'm sure I couldn't get those beatmaps from elsewhere so fast than here. So I don't anything bad to say of those speeds.

And once again thanks doing this. You have helped much people like. I'll seed packs which I downloaded always when I can.
Well, it really depends on the seeders though (There's a lot of seedboxes afaik from my random clearing and redownloading). At a good day, you can get ~20-30 MB/s of download even if I am not seeding.

I do have a plan to swap my current VPS (unlimited bandwidth with 4 TB quota to 100Mbps upstream/downstream with unlimited quota in the nearest time [or at least after I have mastered on how to use linux properly D:]). But from my view, I think 4 TB a month is decently enough even with the increasing number of GBs per day (from average of 70 GB to 150 GB and sometimes 400+ GB a day). I will definitely seed the beatmap packs as long as I could if my current piggybank allow me to do so (its decreasing badly due to the TCO of the server currently at $25 a month). But probably with my new job secured, I might able to run it at least for a good one year or more.

(I actually want to put a donation link at my server but I just don't wanna people to share my burden ;) )
posted
I'm not actually seeding at the moment as I locked my VPS down after noticing a hack but I think I narrowed it down to an out of date (illegal :|) version of Invision power board someone was running... Won't bore with the details.

chong601 wrote:

I do have a plan to swap my current VPS (unlimited bandwidth with 4 TB quota to 100Mbps upstream/downstream with unlimited quota in the nearest time [or at least after I have mastered on how to use linux properly D:]).
If you've got any Linux questions, feel free to PM me. All my servers are Linux; I wouldn't have it any other way. :P
posted

benjanyan wrote:

If you've got any Linux questions, feel free to PM me. All my servers are Linux; I wouldn't have it any other way. :P
I'm currently doing a testbed on my home PC... looks promising for now but yet to resolve some stuff (lotsa updates, rtorrent/libtorrent (or othe torrent clients), and SSH)
posted
*waiting eagerly for pack 371-380*
posted

chong601 wrote:

*waiting eagerly for pack 371-380*
*waiting for marcin to come up with 380 pack* xDD
show more
Please sign in to reply.