forum

osu!trivium Quiz 2021

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mangomizer

LINK TO THE QUIZ (click here)

What is the osu!trivium Quiz?
Dubbed as “the world’s hardest quiz on osu!”, the osu!trivium Quiz is an annual competition featuring 50 osu! themed trivia questions. The questions are all designed to be "ungoogle-able" - this means that you cannot just copy-paste the question and add "osu" into a search engine and expect to find the correct answer.

The questions form an ENHIX spread, with each question worth 1-5 points respectively. No topic is strictly off-limits, providing it is related to osu!. Topics include (but are not limited to) general osu! trivia, beatmapping, mechanics, players, and world cups, across all the gamemodes. The maximum score on this quiz is 150 points.

Whether you are a returning participant or a newcomer, you are strongly advised to refresh yourself with last year’s quiz. The osu!trivium Quiz 2020 can be found here, along with the answer showcase (Twitch | Youtube).

Registration/Dates:
To participate, you must first register with me (mangomizer#0001) on this Discord Server.
  1. You may participate solo or in a team of up to 4 individuals.
    1. If you are playing as part of a team, individual confirmation is required from all members to ensure that no one is being registered against their will.
  2. You can add new members to your team post registration (either through invitation or merging teams), but you cannot remove members from your team. Choose your teammates wisely!
Registration will grant you speaking privileges on the public channels of the server. If you have any questions or concerns, further details and clarifications can be found on the server.

The answer submission deadline for this quiz is 13th Dec 2021, 1200 UTC.

How to play:
There is only one rule - you cannot ask me (mangomizer) or peppy for information, hints or answers.

Thus, all other strategies (with the exception of harassment) are fair play. You can ask anyone for information - however, not everyone is obliged to help you. Trade, bribery, and espionage are all “legal” tactics, but obviously come with their own associated risks. A private google doc/sheet is strongly recommended for ease of organisation and accessibility, regardless if you are playing team or solo.

Every answer must come accompanied with an explanation and/or evidence in order to receive full credit. You cannot just "guess" the answer as it is not in the spirit of this competition. The questions were written with only one particular answer in mind. However, other sufficiently well reasoned answers may also be credited.

Prizes:
1st - "osu!trivium Champion" user title, profile badge + 24 months of osu! supporter to distribute freely.
2nd - profile badge + 16 months of osu! supporter to distribute freely.
3rd - profile badge + 8 months of osu! supporter to distribute freely.

An important final note: I strongly advise against leaking the answers to any question in a public setting (eg. Twitter/Reddit). I believe it would ruin the experience for everyone participating - your answer might not even be correct! Without further ado, I wish you all the very best throughout the duration of this competition - good luck and happy trivia hunting!
chromb
POG
kanocchi
This Is Huge Folks. Let's All Enjoy This 👍
Spin__
looks epic
too bad im small brain
Blushing
Very interesting.
- Marco -
I'm always curious with this trivia. Good Job mangomizer 👍
PainTensei